the_dudeWG

AD5 Skin Mapping

Just wondering ... but will this ever be fixed? It's going to be a giant pain in the backside to distort the dozens of skins I plan to create just to fix the small starboard section of this model that is distorting our artwork. I hate to say it, but this was a major oversight on the part of your team. This should be fixed, but if there's no chance of that happening, please let us know so that we can keep plodding along with this tedious model. Thanks.

2020_04_04-01_13.thumb.jpg.301ccf13d2c2cd43dd9e685e2dee4e89.jpg

2020_04_04-01_12.thumb.jpg.ae652e1608892d04f43ac5fc059979d1.jpg

• Upvote 8

Yep. Horrible mess it is. The nosecone is similar.

• Thanks 1

Should be a simple tweak of the UV mapping but not something we can do. I hope they fix it.

• Upvote 1

It's as with a new car: the first dent brings on ly good luck. Statistics prove that according insurance brokers: Leave a Dent for Luck.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, Gooseh said:

Yep. Horrible mess it is. The nosecone is similar.

Oh boy, Gooseh. You weren't kidding! Let this be a lesson to all of you aspiring AD5 skin makers!

crazy.thumb.jpg.0dc82fbca3e6a92896152ee08cb6ae3c.jpg

• Confused 1

Holy shit! Yeah, well....I hadn't delved that deeply into the nose....you've told me everything I need to know! I'm staying in ROFland!

Such a pity considering the understandable financial/time constraints of trying to make FC work, time and money was spent making such a pigs ear of this and other templates?  Could and should have left well alone. 

Also, what's that extra inspection hatch doing on the starboard side?  It also seems to 'float' above the main body of the plane in game....I could go on.....but it hurts....

Happy skinning, perhaps they'll fix it one day...in the meantime......:help:

12 minutes ago, the_dudeWG said:

Come to the dark side, Goosah. The Circus needs you!

Well....I wanted to, if only to get some jive going in PWCG in the absence of SP content. But Yugra media have taken all the fun away! Whatever they paid them, it was 150% too much!