Sign in to follow this  
vossiewulf

Game is TOTALLY broken

Posted (edited)

Quite regularly, this game will launch in VR with no mouse cursor. Good effort guys, and I say that as a coder, or at least a former professional coder before I ended up managing, but I still keep busy with my own game projects. As for work, we operate in a five nines environment, so I admit that I am less tolerant than most to errors, but both what I just said and the below are ridiculous.

In all previous cases of this, I was able to clear the condition by alt-tabbing out and task slamming it from the task list. So the game launches and hangs in a condition regularly where the only way to shut it down is with the task list. Good effort guys.

Also, whenever you task-slam it, which I may remind you is the only way out of this game-created situation, it will lock up on launching the first time after the slam. Good effort guys, if anyone has to task slam your game for any reason it will lock up when re-launched.

I would then have to task-slam it AGAIN, and for some reason with the second restart it usually works. But not anymore.

Now it's managed to kill the OS mouse cursor. So when I try to task slam it, I can't. I have to hard reboot the machine to get out of it. Again, I have to say, really impressive effort guys, you manage to crash in a way that disables the OS mouse cursor. I've never even seen behavior that bad, so yeah, someone must have really worked at making it operate this poorly and deserves some kind of anti-dev award.

Because of that, I can't get passed the lockup after task slam, and I'm in an endless loop. An endless loop of crashes and hard reboots because you can't seem to launch with a mouse cursor with any consistency, and have followed that up with an absolutely brilliant display of behaviors that one should NEVER see, and which are in fact unique in my experience.

If there is anyone there who might be able to tell me how to defeat the perversity of how this game operates, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by vossiewulf
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Now it's managed to kill the OS mouse cursor. So when I try to task slam it, I can't. I have to hard reboot the machine to get out of it.

Are you really a professional? Because a professional would at least know, that in this case he doesn't need to reboot the machine,

but actually can just sign out. This will close all task and processes run by the logged user. After sign out just sign in again and you're

done. Pretty straight forward.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to your own game projects. Of course they will work flawlessly because of your proficiency

and I'm sure you won't have bugs - it will definitely be a good effort.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You write many words in English , so .....

If the problem is that when starting a game , your mouse is going out of game - and you then have to go out of game and point the mouse in The game again 🤔🥴

I have the same problem and don't know why 😫

10 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Quite regularly, this game will launch in VR with no mouse cursor. Good effort guys, and I say that as a coder, or at least a former professional coder before I ended up managing, but I still keep busy with my own game projects. As for work, we operate in a five nines environment, so I admit that I am less tolerant than most to errors, but both what I just said and the below are ridiculous.

In all previous cases of this, I was able to clear the condition by alt-tabbing out and task slamming it from the task list. So the game launches and hangs in a condition regularly where the only way to shut it down is with the task list. Good effort guys.

Also, whenever you task-slam it, which I may remind you is the only way out of this game-created situation, it will lock up on launching the first time after the slam. Good effort guys, if anyone has to task slam your game for any reason it will lock up when re-launched.

I would then have to task-slam it AGAIN, and for some reason with the second restart it usually works. But not anymore.

Now it's managed to kill the OS mouse cursor. So when I try to task slam it, I can't. I have to hard reboot the machine to get out of it. Again, I have to say, really impressive effort guys, you manage to crash in a way that disables the OS mouse cursor. I've never even seen behavior that bad, so yeah, someone must have really worked at making it operate this poorly and deserves some kind of anti-dev award.

Because of that, I can't get passed the lockup after task slam, and I'm in an endless loop. An endless loop of crashes and hard reboots because you can't seem to launch with a mouse cursor with any consistency, and have followed that up with an absolutely brilliant display of behaviors that one should NEVER see, and which are in fact unique in my experience.

If there is anyone there who might be able to tell me how to defeat the perversity of how this game operates, it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't understand why you think the situation you describe is worthy of kudos. I would actually hate it if my computer kept locking up and crashing, as it'd be really frustrating.

I definitely wouldn't be congratulating the developers.

But each to their own.

11 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I dunno.  My game runs flawlessly in VR but then again not being 'a professional' what would i know?:scratch_one-s_head:

How about giving us a few clues such as system specs, game graphic settings, background processes, etc.

10 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

Are you really a professional? Because a professional would at least know, that in this case he doesn't need to reboot the machine,

but actually can just sign out. This will close all task and processes run by the logged user. After sign out just sign in again and you're

done. Pretty straight forward.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to your own game projects. Of course they will work flawlessly because of your proficiency

and I'm sure you won't have bugs - it will definitely be a good effort.

Cheers

You can use the keyboard to open the task manager and use tab, cursors to select the il2 exe and then use the alt+k shortcuts to kill it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I can't get to signout. Keyboard commands for the task manager do not work, I tried many, many times to find a way to highlight Il-2 and kill it. Like for example, for some unknown reason, the mouse cursor would appear and be controllable when I held down alt-tab. But no matter how I tried I couldn't click on what I needed to because holding down alt-tab just has you cycling the apps at mach 3. The only way out of that state was a hard reboot which anyone would prefer not to do to their machines.

I'm sorry you folks have taken offense at the word "professional" my point was that if someone is going to severely criticize something else, they better provide some bona fides first if they want to be heard, but I guess you missed that.

10 hours ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

I don't understand why you think the situation you describe is worthy of kudos. I would actually hate it if my computer kept locking up and crashing, as it'd be really frustrating.

I definitely wouldn't be congratulating the developers.

Your sarcasm meter is very broken.

In any case, I finally got it out of the loop by launching it again in VR. I had been launching it in desktop, because of course that would be more stable, right? No. When I finally tried VR again it loaded fine and I was able to close it normally. But then, it didn't matter because the next time I launched it, it locked loading yet again again again.

But, I finally found a way around the hard reboot, and it's ridiculous, if I switch over to my Steam VR home and interact with my desktop in VR mode, I have a working mouse cursor and can use the Steam STOP button to get out of it.

Specs are i9/9900 overclocked to 4.5Ghz but has survived all stability tests, MSI MEG Z390 motherboard, RTX2080, 32 Gb G.Skilll something or other XMP RAM. 

Edited by vossiewulf