NC_2_VA

Thrustmaster TARGET software help needed.

Posted (edited)

Hello all, I am new to IL2 and also new to the TARGET software. I have the warthog setup and I am trying to start a profile. It is asking for the associate configuration file. I have found the location of the my il2 input files but it doesn't seem like this is what it is looking for.

TARGET.PNG

Edited by NC_2_VA

u might or might not know this but u don't the Target software at all

have had TM Warthog x 3, x10 years and never used it.....

just assign everything from within the game, super easy...

In the Associate Configuration field, click the Browse button and select the profile that corresponds to the selected simulator. The T.A.R.G.E.T profiles are .fcf or .tmc type files.

Don't listen to naysayers, I use TARGET and get much more out of it than just by clicking on the control I want in the Settings gui.  I have IN/OUT and UP/MIIDDLE/DOWN functions enabled.  If you use VR you can get everything on the stick and throttle you need to control this game.  It's not hard to do, I don't know how to script by hand, I'm no programmer, but I use the gui and read the TARGET software users manual and have gotten it where I like it.  And you can build profiles in DCS individually for each type of aircraft you want to fly. 

Cheers

Hoss

Profile pg 1.png

Profile pg 2.jpg

Profile pg 3.png

Thanks Hoss. I am a VR only flyer and want to get everything mapped to my stick and throttle. At this point I am just trying to get the modifier key setup on the paddle. I will keep reading and trying. Another question when I run configuration should I get a prompt when it is finished? Mine just keeps saying it is launching and running profile. Is this normal? I've done a few google searches but didn't come across anything real useful. Does anyone have a good resource for getting up to speed with the TARGET software? Thanks guys.

TARGET2.PNG

The Target software might have improved, but i definitely gave up on it. Tried it with a TM1600 set, and now a Warthog.

Just set it up manually, and first you'll need the basic driver how ever.

Problems with USB routing you can fix with JoyID and USBdeview.

Posted (edited)

What you see there means it is running, "Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined" means the profile is running.  There is a brief little audio note when you see "main returned to"  if you don't have speakers or your headset on you won't hear it.  Always make sure you start TARGET before you fire up the game.  Another thing you need to do is go to

IL2/data/input/devices.txt and delete everything in that folder, close the game, start TARGET and go into game and set up your Roll/Pitch/Yaw and Throttle/brakes if you have pedals.  Tune all your axis the way you like them. Run a Quick mission and make sure it's working properly. 

The devices.txt file you will see;

configId,guid,model|

0,%22d53184a0-c0fa-11e9-0000545345440580%22,Thrustmaster%20Combined|

1,%220e2280d0-c0fa-11e9-0000545345440180%22,MFG%20Crosswind%20V2............... or what ever your pedals are called if you have them

Which ever one you set up the axis for first will be the 0, controller. Make sure if you wipe and reinstall your game you save that Input folder

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss