Ken5421

Problem with Logitech Extreme 3D PRO JOYSTICK

When I play Sturmovik the aircraft is constantly yawing making control very difficult. I assume must be a problem with the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO JOYSTICK?

When I turn left or right the yawing increases

Any ideas

Ken

Have you trimmed the airplane's rudder? Some a/c do not have trimmable rudders though. I find the Yak to need a small amount of rudder inpt de t its lack of rudder trump.

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it is not trim but will have a look. But good point. The problem is across all aircraft. There is an inconsistent yawing left and right when I turn. I tried calibrating the joystick and I can see that my right yaw is hardly working and left is inconsistent. So I'm thinking it is a sensor problem in my joystick. Costs about £35 GBP to replace joystick or I could try and repair but it looks complicated. I found this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otk8uFOCD64

I think it is a sensor right in the core base of controller, unless something has worked lose somewhere. Worse case a sensor may have failed. I have had this joystick about three years I think.

What a pain! Will try and figure it out. Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

Ken 

I was using a cheap joystick (Thrustmast Hotas .X), then moved to a used CH yoke when I got a set of used pedals (got both in the same deal). The yoke was . . . sloppy, so I looked around and got a better stick, a VKB Gladiator II. The difference between it and the Thrustmaster or the CH yoke is night and day, especially for the twist axis. Which I no longer use because of the pedals :) Anyway, my point is to try to spend the money on a quality joystick. The Gladiator is at best just a midrange stick at $100, but it was leaps above what I had been using.

Very good point. If I cant repair this one I should upgrade to something like you suggest. Are you using VR yet?

I'm new to this game, my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro works fine in FSX or DCS but in this game I can't get even one plane of the ground due to the rudder not working as it should. I tried any setting for it, once I get to about 40 km/h the plane tries to start circling on the spot. Sometimes it just goes overreact to the other side. Only plane I can fly from start are the FC planes. Utterly disappointed as I would like to just start from scramble. Flying is no issue... getting it off the ground impossible.

I'm guess you only have BoS and FC based on your sign in. I'm not sure what the easiest plane is to take off in BoS, but I learnered on the Yak1. So, try that plane. First, make sure only the twist function is mapped to your rudder. Then, ensure that you have the sensitivity the way you'd like it.

Next, try a quick mission and start on the runway. Just for the heck of it, watch this video first.

Go to the Weather at the quick mission builder and ensure there is no wind and no turbulence and then start the mission. Note that the tail wheel should be locked and that helps a lot with keeping off the rudder until the tail wheel comes off the ground.

If still having problems, record (cntrl-R) your take off and post it here zipped up. We can look at it and see some of the particulars.

18 hours ago, LordOrmsey said:

I'm new to this game, my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro works fine in FSX or DCS but in this game I can't get even one plane of the ground due to the rudder not working as it should. I tried any setting for it, once I get to about 40 km/h the plane tries to start circling on the spot. Sometimes it just goes overreact to the other side. Only plane I can fly from start are the FC planes. Utterly disappointed as I would like to just start from scramble. Flying is no issue... getting it off the ground impossible.

I used the 3D Pro for a couple years in Il-2 1946. the main problem I had with it was unintentional twisting of the stick during maneuvers.

You may want to set up your rudder inputs on a curve in the inputs section, rather than a straight line input. If you are getting unintentional inputs from the twist stick, you may want to input a little bit of a dead zone. I find most of the planes in Il-2 to be pretty sensitive to rudder inputs, and ground handling can be frustrating between that and the generally very soft brakes. 

A lot will depend on the plane you choose, too. Many planes in the sim do not have locking tailwheels so they need a lot more 'dancing' on the rudder. What planes have you been trying? I see you have Flying Circus but do you have other planes in the game from Steam by any chance?