Sign in to follow this  
Knarley-Bob

Could use some help with Trackhat Clip?

Got the trackhat clip and camera set, but the addresses for the down loads don't seem to get me to where I need to be. Anyone have the ones that work?

Seems to be nothing but a wild goose chase.....

2 hours ago, Knarley-Bob said:

Seems to be nothing but a wild goose chase.....

Why?

3 hours ago, No_85_Gramps said:

Why?

some thing to do with the PS3 eye camera download that will not work on windows 10?

Posted (edited)

Yes, I have tried to use this numerous times, to no avail. I've tried plugging things in, re-booting and it always comes up with that the  "PS3 driver or camera is missing. Install driver or plug in camera and restart program." Then it gives a link: mega.nz  Which is the same link you so kindly posted.....

When I plug in the camera, a blue light comes on, so I know at least the blue light works. Other than that, I haven't a clue.

Bought the thing from Amazon, don't know if that's the problem, maybe should send it back, don't know.....

KB

Edited by Knarley-Bob

Well, I got the CL eye tracker working, have the test thing set up and working. But the "Hatrack" doesn't seem to be seeing it. Frustrating to say the least.

Got it to the Hatrack screen. Everything is jumping all over the place. Holding the "Lights" as still as possible, really eratic behavior, numbers all over the place, the "Hat" on the right hand screen all over the place, now what?

Great! You need to calibrate your set-up and probably make some adjustments to the mappings. Read through BlackHellHound1's guide. I know it's aimed at opentrack, but should be similar to hattrack. If you don't succedd with hattrack just switch to opentrack.

Jumping all over usually means its trying to track too many points.  Sensitivity too high or point size too small

Is the room dark? If using the CL tracker without adding a filter to darken it, you need to make sure the room is dark.

These things are a pain to setup sometimes, but brilliant when they work well, so don't give up!

Posted (edited)

OK, today's activities.....

Went through every thing, Deleted Every thing......Evidently had multiple downloads, got rid of EVERY THING related to this.

Re-downloaded every thing, ONCE. Had me in the cock pit, but looked like I was laying on my side, sotra.

Went through the set up that was posted, letter by letter, diagram by diagram....to the Tee.

Started this 9:00 AM,  and now, 4:00 PM , my plane sits on the runway, but nothing else works. No throttle, no nothing. Have only been messing with this for a week now.

Luckily, when I'm ready to punch the screen, I head on down to the basement, and load ammo for the up coming shooting season.

Believe it or not, I can pour my own bullets, load them up with Black Powder, and put them through a paper plate @ 200 yards, with iron sights, but I can't get this piece of junk to work........go figure.

Edited by Knarley-Bob

I'm boggled, today it's working.....I haven't a clue to what I did, but all I have to do is a little tweeking.

To Blackhellhound 1...Thank you sir for your tutorial.

Me thinks I'm going to have to learn how to fly all over again, this is different😮