JV44HeinzBar

Z axis problems; Virpil & IL2

Hi all,

I just got my new Virpil CM2 throttle and VFX F14 grip mounted on a Warbird base. I followed the instructions to create a profile and calibrated each device separately.

The problem I have is how to deal with the axis in IL2 settings. I was able to get Il2 BoX to map pitch and roll, but I'm unable to get IL2 to recognize yaw or the brake lever. For example, when I try to assign yaw, the z axis in il2 states joy8_b12/joy8_b12.

I posted pics of my Virpil control tool. When I rotate the z axis, buttons physical buttons 17 & 19 light up which corresponds to logical buttons 13 & 15. When I pull the brake lever, physical button 3 lights (logic button 4). I'm guessing I need to ask how do I change these axis to behave like an axis rather than buttons?

I really wish Virpil would have some type of complete manual to explain this type of issue, as well as, many others. Additionally, it would be great if Virpil would actually create some type of programming software similar to Thrustmaster TARGET or CH Product Control Manager. I know there are other options like Joystick Gremlin & RS Mapper, but for the amount of money we pay for these products, I would expect a solid piece of working programming software to be available from Virpil.

Enough b****ing on my part. Any help would be appreciated.

HB

PS, this is a repost from Virpil forums

Virpil VFX 20200204 Axis.jpg

Virpil VFX 20200204 Buttons.jpg

10 minutes ago, JV44HeinzBar said:

Hi all,

I just got my new Virpil CM2 throttle and VFX F14 grip mounted on a Warbird base. I followed the instructions to create a profile and calibrated each device separately.

The problem I have is how to deal with the axis in IL2 settings. I was able to get Il2 BoX to map pitch and roll, but I'm unable to get IL2 to recognize yaw or the brake lever. For example, when I try to assign yaw, the z axis in il2 states joy8_b12/joy8_b12.

I posted pics of my Virpil control tool. When I rotate the z axis, buttons physical buttons 17 & 19 light up which corresponds to logical buttons 13 & 15. When I pull the brake lever, physical button 3 lights (logic button 4). I'm guessing I need to ask how do I change these axis to behave like an axis rather than buttons?

I really wish Virpil would have some type of complete manual to explain this type of issue, as well as, many others. Additionally, it would be great if Virpil would actually create some type of programming software similar to Thrustmaster TARGET or CH Product Control Manager. I know there are other options like Joystick Gremlin & RS Mapper, but for the amount of money we pay for these products, I would expect a solid piece of working programming software to be available from Virpil.

Enough b****ing on my part. Any help would be appreciated.

HB

PS, this is a repost from Virpil forums

Virpil VFX 20200204 Axis.jpg

Virpil VFX 20200204 Buttons.jpg

I'm not an expert, but the fact that VIRPIL's software is showing a Z axis as buttons out of the box makes me think there's something wrong with the hardware... Have you contacted VIRPIL support directly to see if the unit is faulty?

Posted (edited)

Just sent virpil and email and they issued a ticket. I hope their return policy is quick. I waited 6 weeks to get this stick after finally being able to purchase it...their restock scheduling is a mess.

I'm still hoping someone out there has another idea other than a defective grip.

HB

PS, my old CH throttle & MS FFB 2 are still working since 2004 ;) 

Edited by JV44HeinzBar

Posted (edited)

Hey X 

I had to edit the Il2 user config file to get my brake lever to act as a axis for the brakes, I had to block out the button (19)that activates half way through the travel.

Cant remember the post that helped me with it at the moment, but ill look around and see if I can find it. 

See if this post helps

MT50 CM2 Grip Wheel Brake Binding

Edited by 69th_Panp