Sign in to follow this  
VR-DriftaholiC

Wheel Brakes Have Zero Authority

I can slam the wheel brake to max on all planes and it takes way to long to stop even from a 2 mph roll. I should be able to nose the plane over. I should be able to hold the plane still for a engine run up. I should be able to taxi without looping because the brakes are tuned for keyboard users. There is no reason why the wheel brakes should not be able to lock up the plane. They probably need to be buffed by at least 300% effectiveness. This is one thing DCS get's right. Go taxi a K4 there and come back here. It's really bad here. Please address this, I like this game so much better.

• Upvote 2

I’m guessing there is some variation from plane to plane, as you can definitely nose over some of the Allied birds if you aren’t careful.

I don't think the brakes are a problem.  I think it's more to do with....surfaces....:)

• Upvote 1

What's strange is that the P51 has very effective brakes and will readily nose over but some other machines are piss poor in braking.

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, DD_Arthur said:

I don't think the brakes are a problem.  I think it's more to do with....surfaces....:)

This should be possible on the runway if brakes were modeled correctly or at the very least the wheels should stay locked while the plane skids.

Edited by driftaholic

The brakes are very underpowered in this game for a lot of planes.  The 109 and 190 are definitely too weak.  Planes are easy to loop and will fully spin 2+ times with full opposite brakes and rudder as if you aren't even trying.  There was a 190 doc I watched some time ago and it shows a 190 pilot taxiing through an unprepared airfield.  He is taxiing with some speed and  plants the right brake and the plane just rotates on a dime.  He turns something like 90 degrees and keeps on going without any loss of control.  Something you couldn't dream of doing in this game.  This needs to get fixed, and you'd think it should be pretty easy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6