Sign in to follow this  
MidnightLightnin

Track IR Locks up on entry to Multiplayer Server

Can anyone help with this. 

Around 3 in 10 times I enter a server my TrackIR locks up - I move my head but the screen is frozen accept for a very slight rotation. Once I have padlocked a plane and released the padlock Track IR is back working again. 

When its frozen nothing else fixes it - I have tried turning on and off, resetting head position etc.

7 out of 10 times I enter the server it works fine.

Any idea what is causing the issue and how to fix it?

Posted (edited)

Playing last night this issue was happening on virtually every spawn - any ideas, its driving me mad?

Also, it seems to be IL2 related, if I tab out of the game into the TIR software its working fine - go back into the game and its locked out. 

Edited by MidnightLightnin

5 hours ago, MidnightLightnin said:

Playing last night this issue was happening on virtually every spawn - any ideas, its driving me mad?

Also, it seems to be IL2 related, if I tab out of the game into the TIR software its working fine - go back into the game and its locked out. 

Hmm, could the view mode be set to snap view mode rather than pan mode? Does this happen in the QMB?

I will need to check the snap view mode but yes that is possible. Would that cause the issue, I was in a multiplayer game today and only had the issue in perhaps 10% of spawns - so intermittent.

Also, I have never had the issue in a Quick Mission (offline).

I don't know what QMB is?

Posted (edited)

Sometimes when I hit my right mouse button for what ever reason it pauses my TIR and I would think it was frozen, I go from the Green lights on the camera to Red lights.  Now I know what my brain fart was and quickly fix the problem by hitting the right mouse button again.  I had set this up so I could stop tracking to set up custom positions and then save it via F10.  Some of the other keys will cause problems in game that you won't see by looking at the GUI. 

Pause
The Pause hotkey allows you to control whether head tracking data is being sent to the TrackIR Enhanced title. You can pause head tracking to keep the in-game view fixed, even while your head is moving.

• Enable Checkbox
    Turns the associated hotkeys on and off.

• Toggle Checkbox
    Toggled hotkeys are enabled by a single key press and disabled by a second key press. Non-toggled hotkeys require the key to be held down for the hotkey to be enabled and released for the hotkey to be disabled.

• Trap Checkbox
    Trapped hotkeys will not be available to any other programs. Untrapped hotkeys will still perform the hotkey function within the TrackIR software, but can also be simultaneously used in other software that is running alongside TrackIR.  (This one will get you into trouble in game if you are using the modifier key for anything else in IL2.  You will hit it and freeze TIR, like I do with R Mouse)

Or just turn off your pause function in the Profiles page by unchecking "enable" and see if the problem goes away. 

My Track IR Profile............   http://www.mediafire.com/file/pp71b7d5rdwyiyg/Track_IR_Profile.zip/file

there is a readme and pictures in for set up instructions. 

My in game view is Centered Quick View with smoothness of 100% there is a screen shot in the read me that shows the Camera settings.

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MidnightLightnin said:

I will need to check the snap view mode but yes that is possible. Would that cause the issue, I was in a multiplayer game today and only had the issue in perhaps 10% of spawns - so intermittent.

Also, I have never had the issue in a Quick Mission (offline).

I don't know what QMB is?

QMB is quick mission builder. Same as quick mission

Thanks for the info I have been trying some things today but haven't gone through your all of your settings yet - but will do so. When my TIR freezes I still have green lights so its not paused - this morning it was locking frequently but I just spent a couple of hours in multiplayer and not a single lock - very strange. 

Had some other odd stuff though, this morning I was shot down by an invisible plane, and tonight I was just about to open fire on a plane and IL2 just shut down completely and I was dumped back to my desktop. 

Is this sort of thing normal, its seems buggy and I'm wondering if my installation has some issue?

Save your Input folder and Missions if you have special ones, Skins folder and wipe and reinstall your game.  I know it sounds drastic but sometimes that is the only thing that will help. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MidnightLightnin said:

Thanks for the info I have been trying some things today but haven't gone through your all of your settings yet - but will do so. When my TIR freezes I still have green lights so its not paused - this morning it was locking frequently but I just spent a couple of hours in multiplayer and not a single lock - very strange. 

Had some other odd stuff though, this morning I was shot down by an invisible plane, and tonight I was just about to open fire on a plane and IL2 just shut down completely and I was dumped back to my desktop. 

Is this sort of thing normal, its seems buggy and I'm wondering if my installation has some issue?

The invisible planes bug is something that keeps rearing its head and has been around in a few different iterations for years. Devs are trying to squash the bug again so if you have an invisible plane bug happen to you on a mission, and you are recording a track, upload the track file and mission file and PM it to Han or another dev so they can look at it.

As far as the other bugginess, no, that's not normal. Aside from a few lockup on start problems I had a week ago, and a failure to update problem about 6 months back, Il-2 has been pretty stable for me. A truly clean reinstall like Hoss recommends above is probably a good idea at this point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So, I reinstalled IL2 completely after an uninstall and deleting all remnant files, and also set up Key mappings etc from scratch rather than using the old data.

I still get this intermittent problem where sometimes TIR is frozen in game on spawning (I can only look straight ahead although a tiny amount of head left/right rotation is possible) - but works again after I manage to padlock something. 

If I tab into the TIR software when its frozen in IL2 it's still working fine in TIR - also I have green lights on the camera so it looks like a problem in IL2.

Any thoughts what to try next? Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by MidnightLightnin

On 3/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, MidnightLightnin said:

Can anyone help with this. 

Around 3 in 10 times I enter a server my TrackIR locks up - I move my head but the screen is frozen accept for a very slight rotation. Once I have padlocked a plane and released the padlock Track IR is back working again. 

When its frozen nothing else fixes it - I have tried turning on and off, resetting head position etc.

7 out of 10 times I enter the server it works fine.

Any idea what is causing the issue and how to fix it?

Hey, I'm not sure in your case, but I had a similar issue not too long ago. In TrackIR software there is a hotkey to toggle normal / precision scan mode.

If you mapped the padlock key or any other button by accident with the same (damn) hotkey to toggle normal / precision mode of your TrackIR, then

this might causing your issue. As I don't use this TrackIR toggle mode, I changed the hotkey to something I will never use in any game - best use a

bloody weird character, so you're on the safe side.

Thanks Therion, will check but I have mapped the TIR keys to three joystick buttons so I dont think it is that. It's odd that the problem is intermittent, it only happens on spawn and without me pressing any keys/buttons - I just spawn and head movements don't work. It goes away once I manage to padlock a friendly or enemy. Anyway will go and check all key assignments.

1 hour ago, MidnightLightnin said:

Thanks Therion, will check but I have mapped the TIR keys to three joystick buttons so I dont think it is that. It's odd that the problem is intermittent, it only happens on spawn and without me pressing any keys/buttons - I just spawn and head movements don't work. It goes away once I manage to padlock a friendly or enemy. Anyway will go and check all key assignments.

OK, but when spawning into cockpit - what default view do you have defined? Have a look in your camera settings for that. Then check your key mapping

for all the views (Pilot head movement I think?), maybe there is a key combination interfering with your TrackIR software.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 12:41 PM, -=-THERION said:

OK, but when spawning into cockpit - what default view do you have defined? Have a look in your camera settings for that. Then check your key mapping

for all the views (Pilot head movement I think?), maybe there is a key combination interfering with your TrackIR software.

I'll take a look tomorrow but when I get TIR locking it does it before I press and keys. How do I find the "default" view?

16 minutes ago, MidnightLightnin said:

I'll take a look tomorrow but when I get TIR locking it does it before I press and keys. How do I find the "default" view?

Have a look here:

918299879_Camerasettings2_2019.thumb.jpg.5987dc5947f629d15edd90b1d0fbe568.jpg

Cheerio

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, -=-THERION said:

Have a look here:

918299879_Camerasettings2_2019.thumb.jpg.5987dc5947f629d15edd90b1d0fbe568.jpg

Cheerio

Yes, I have Centered Quick View, Cinematic off and the rest are all set at Default. I have been through Camera and Head controls and cant see anything obvious in there - driving me nuts now :)