Reggie_Mental

Tweaked my graphics card...

S!

What card do you use and settings? Nice looking screenies!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

What card do you use and settings? Nice looking screenies!

• Zotac AMP Extreme II 1080Ti (11GB GDDR5)
  • i7 8700 o/c'd to 4.2ghz
  • All in game settings to max or ultra
  • V-sync'd at a solid 60fps. (no screen tearing)
  • 32gb DDR4@3000mhz (2x DIMMs of 16gb each)
  • Big tower CPU fan, make unknown, but probably a CoolerMaster

I have had no stuttering or crashes for a long time now. I sometimes open up TaskMananger and check performance. The CPU and memory don't sweat it at all, and CPU temperatures are nothing to worry about. I think I can push a little further and I hope I don't have any issues with MSFS 2020 when it launches. My system doesn't like X-Plane 11 at all though and DCS is a resource hog and troublesome, so not worth the effort. IL2 will probably go full jet age in a few years. I can wait.

I have turned off grass which gives me some more headroom. Never liked it as it is too overgrown in the BoS environment. If they could shorten it and only have it move in propwash it would look more realistic I think.

More screenies to follow...

Edited by Reggie_Mental

S!

Thanks! I recently upgraded my screen to an Asus ROG Swift PG349Q. Made quite a difference in image quality, from a VA to an IPS panel. G-Sync of course. I noticced that the stutters were gone for me when I set all VSync related settings in nVidai control panel to Off/Application controlled and VSync on in game. Smooth as butter, FPS at constant 119fps(120Hz screen).