Sign in to follow this  
AlpaTypeg666

Fw 190 and Bf 109 adjustable stabilizer

Hi,

Started to play with IL-2 BOS week ago and I just love it. 

Never less I encountered issue with the fw 190 and bf 109 adjustable stabilizer and i would like to ask for your help.

I’m using TM warthog joystick and binded the up/down stabilizer button on the trim hat (0/180) and the same buttons also for the stabilizer axis so I can use it for both fw 190 and bf 109.

In the game, the stabilizer adjustment is non responsive and looks like it works randomly. It almost looks like if the plane is in stable straight flight I can adjust it easily up and down but if I start to maneuver it stops to respond to the buttons. If I check it in windows the buttons work without any issues sending commands as they should.

It’s very strange behavior and drives me crazy and it happens on both planes.

I already tried to bound only the up/down buttons, remove any possible key binding conflict, Re-bound to different buttons, use the defoult ctrl+arrows but it’s the same behavior with no improvement.

Thanks for help.

For Fw-190 and Bf-109 setting is the one thats by default changed by Shift+arrow up/down IIRC

2 minutes ago, Cacodemon96 said:

For Fw-190 and Bf-109 setting is the one thats by default changed by Shift+arrow up/down IIRC

You are probably right but I don’t have issue to bind the stabilizer adjustment. My issue is with responsiveness of the buttons. It works but it’s not stable...

Try a different key bind on the hardware and see if it's a software issue or if its the hardware not working properly. You can also use the windows game controller interface to verify that when you flip the switch and hold it - it says active. I imagine the Thrustmaster software should do that too.

1 minute ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Try a different key bind on the hardware and see if it's a software issue or if its the hardware not working properly. You can also use the windows game controller interface to verify that when you flip the switch and hold it - it says active. I imagine the Thrustmaster software should do that too.

Hello, I tried the default keyboard commands and had the same issue. Also confirmed in windows game controller interface that the joystick buttons work properly.

4 minutes ago, AlpaTypeg666 said:

Hello, I tried the default keyboard commands and had the same issue. Also confirmed in windows game controller interface that the joystick buttons work properly.

You're saying that the controls don't work as well as when there are multiple controls in use... so are they still working properly then? IMHO this sounds to me more like a hardware than software issue at the moment.

You're saying that the controls don't work as well as when there are multiple controls in use... so are they still working properly then? IMHO this sounds to me more like a hardware than software issue at the moment.

I believe that if it would be hardware issue then the default commands thru keyboard would work without issue right?

That’s not my case. If I unbind the joystick and keep just the keyboard I still have the same issue... I can control the stabilizer just randomly... in one moment it works and other not...

4 minutes ago, AlpaTypeg666 said:

I believe that if it would be hardware issue then the default commands thru keyboard would work without issue right?

That’s not my case. If I unbind the joystick and keep just the keyboard I still have the same issue... I can control the stabilizer just randomly... in one moment it works and other not...

That's an interesting piece of information.

The stabilizers work exactly the same as trim. Press and hold the button. Are you having trouble with trim as well?

That's an interesting piece of information.

The stabilizers work exactly the same as trim. Press and hold the button. Are you having trouble with trim as well?

I did not try yet plane with trim option. Will have to try once back at home from work.

Just stupid question. The stabilizer adjustment should work in every condition, correct? Doesn’t matter if you are in turn fight or diving you should be able to adjust it up or down? Just want to make sure it is really issue on my side and not design intention 🙂

Its realy strange behavior and I dont have any issues with other controls...

Just now, AlpaTypeg666 said:

I did not try yet plane with trim option. Will have to try once back at home from work.

Just stupid question. The stabilizer adjustment should work in every condition, correct? Doesn’t matter if you are in turn fight or diving you should be able to adjust it up or down? Just want to make sure it is really issue on my side and not design intention 🙂

Its realy strange behavior and I dont have any issues with other controls...

In my experience, yes. You do have to hold it just as you do with trim. If you leave the GUI on (instead of hiding) it you can see the percentages go up and down.

It should just work. I've never seen it go otherwise without some sort of hardware intervention or some sort of interference from a third party application that we're not aware of.

13 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

In my experience, yes. You do have to hold it just as you do with trim. If you leave the GUI on (instead of hiding) it you can see the percentages go up and down.

It should just work. I've never seen it go otherwise without some sort of hardware intervention or some sort of interference from a third party application that we're not aware of.

Can confirm that I see the percentage changing in GUI when it works...

Will report back once home if it does the same for trim.

Thanks.

Maybe one of realism options is interfering with the flightmodel? 

14 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Maybe one of realism options is interfering with the flightmodel? 

I’m using only the Expert realism option so there should be no influence I guess...

I tested the trim and had the same issue. But then I tried again to un-bind all the controls and bind the stabilizer only to two buttons (on the TM warthog flare/chaff control) and it worked without issue. Than i tried to bind it back to trim hat and the issue was back.

I believe the problem is in the trim hat and how the stabilizer adjustment is programed. The trim hat is 8-directional and very sensitive so it’s quite easy to push 45deg instead of 0deg and even if this 45deg command is active only for 0,1 sec it is enough to messes the command for stabilizer adjustment. This is probably the reason I had this issue only once in turn fight (hard to be precise on the trim hat) and not in straight level flight. 

Next time I will try to bind instead of just the 0 and 180deg to 315/0/45 and  135/180/225 deg. In theory this should work even if I’m not precise and hit the 45 instead of 0 deg direction of the trim hat...

Strange. Never had this issue in DCS or other flight sims.