SimTools and SRS wind fans - UDP Conflict

GunneryAce

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with the Sim Racing Studios (SRS) team today who indicated that speed telemetry isn't available from IL-2, thus the SRS Wind Fans won't work as there is no speed telemetry available. I'm unsure if this is the core issue you're experiencing, but SRS indicated they need to have the IL-2 team include speed in the telemetry for fan systems to work. 

"IL2 does not provide speed in the telemetry, that's why the fans do not work, please contact them in the forum thread below and ask them to add the speed."

Hopefully it will be added soon. The SRS wind kits in DCS, Elite Dangerous, iRacing, DiRT Racing 2.0, and Asseto Corsa are INCREDIBLE. Its devastating not to feel wind in the open cockpit aircraft in IL-2.  😥

• 5 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 1:42 AM, Roons said:

I spoke with the Sim Racing Studios (SRS) team today who indicated that speed telemetry isn't available from IL-2, thus the SRS Wind Fans won't work as there is no speed telemetry available. I'm unsure if this is the core issue you're experiencing, but SRS indicated they need to have the IL-2 team include speed in the telemetry for fan systems to work. 

"IL2 does not provide speed in the telemetry, that's why the fans do not work, please contact them in the forum thread below and ask them to add the speed."

Hopefully it will be added soon. The SRS wind kits in DCS, Elite Dangerous, iRacing, DiRT Racing 2.0, and Asseto Corsa are INCREDIBLE. Its devastating not to feel wind in the open cockpit aircraft in IL-2.  😥

Its actually not even that. Theres no way to even keep the fans on (without telemetry), because using the SRS app conflicts with SimTools (motion app for my sim rig)... Only one app can get the telemetry data and it seems that even if i want to keep the fans on without going with the speed of the plane, it conflicts with SimTools, because it's taking the UDP port, from what i understand.

I just wrote them to see if theres a way to stop the SRS app from opening the UDP Port of IL-2 Sturmovik, so I can use SimTools for motion.

EDIT: Gilbert just said that all i need to do is change the port for IL2 in the config.ini file, and then it wont conflict - so i may have figured out how to turn on the fans, without using the telemetry UDP port.

Edited by GunneryAce