Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 New Aircraft - Ju 88 C-4 and C-4 Late.

Recommended Posts

 

The Ju 88 C-4 and C-4 Late are two of the new aircraft coming to expansion of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz, TFS 5.0,  including the highly anticipated North African theatre of war.

Ju-88C-4  -  long wingspan model with uprated Jumo 211F, (rated at max 1340 PS) with three 7.92mm MGs and one 20mm MG/FFM.  Also includes single upper rear gun positions.  This was used as a night fighter, night intruder and also a heavy day fighter in Maritime patrols over the Bay of Biscay, English Channel and Mediterranean.

 

Ju-88C-4-Late  -  long wingspan model with uprated Jumo 211F with three 7.92mm MG's, one nose 20mm MG/FFM and two 20mm MG/FFM's mounted in gondola pod.  Also includes dual upper rear gun positions, but the lower rear facing gun in gondola is removed.  This was used as a night fighter, night intruder and also a heavy day fighter in Maritime patrols over the Bay of Biscay, English Channel and Mediterranean.

 

Featuring latest map work.

 

All components, including damage modelling, dust, flight models and North African map are a WIP and may change in release version.

 

Cheers,

 

Pattle

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody brilliant Pattle!:salute:

 

Really great vid and some really great twin-engined combat.

 

TF5.0 looking good - a genuine alternative.   Lets hope you can get it out the door while we're still compus mentis enough for a spot of:hunter:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome work you guys are doing, wonderful aircraft and the environment is coming along nicely from what is seen in the film.:drinks:

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasically brutal! Great video!!.👍

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great vid, luv the panning of the pilot looking at the wpn receivers and their animations, whilst their firing.

 

Is there any intent of adding realistic fumes (Breech end) from the wpns whilst firing and filling the cockpit space? 

 

👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FurphyForum said:

Great vid, luv the panning of the pilot looking at the wpn receivers and their animations, whilst their firing.

 

Is there any intent of adding realistic fumes (Breech end) from the wpns whilst firing and filling the cockpit space? 

 

👍

 

 

In terms of SFX - I couldn't help thinking about how cool dust effect emitters would be coming from the wheels of the aircraft while landing (might be a bit difficult though).

 

I assume the returns on effort might not be worth it in some cases... but I've been struck at how much SFX has improved... clearly they have a talent or two in the team!

 

I'm also wondering if the adjusted weapons modelling is shown in the video? Compared to a Bf-110 the Ju-88C is short one machine gun and one cannon... but should still be doing a lot of damage when it scores hits... and it feels 'less-than-usual' in the footage (although that might be because Wellingtons are so durable). I must admit to having warmed to the damage modelling in BoX over the years and starting to wonder if the original Cliffs modeled weapons as too weak...

 

As for the video itself... well, now that I've seen a Ju-88C officially modelled in the sim... I can't help but to think of a giant tigershark...! The thing looks to be a beast!

Edited by Avimimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avimimus said:

 

In terms of SFX - I couldn't help thinking about how cool dust effect emitters would be coming from the wheels of the aircraft while landing (might be a bit difficult though).

 

I assume the returns on effort might not be worth it in some cases... but I've been struck at how much SFX has improved... clearly they have a talent or two in the team!

 

I'm also wondering if the adjusted weapons modelling is shown in the video? Compared to a Bf-110 the Ju-88C is short one machine gun and one cannon... but should still be doing a lot of damage when it scores hits... and it feels 'less-than-usual' in the footage (although that might be because Wellingtons are so durable). I must admit to having warmed to the damage modelling in BoX over the years and starting to wonder if the original Cliffs modeled weapons as too weak...

 

As for the video itself... well, now that I've seen a Ju-88C officially modelled in the sim... I can't help but to think of a giant tigershark...! The thing looks to be a beast!

The C-4-Late has three 20mm MG/FFM cannon.

 

One in the nose and two in the gondola gunpod.

 

Plus the three 7.92mm MG's.

 

Not quite up to Beaufighter level of armament, but a nasty punch.  😉

4 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Great vid, luv the panning of the pilot looking at the wpn receivers and their animations, whilst their firing.

 

Is there any intent of adding realistic fumes (Breech end) from the wpns whilst firing and filling the cockpit space? 

 

👍

 

None of the fumes were ejected into the cockpit... they went into the exit chutes with the casings.

 

There might have been a small amount of odor of burnt gunpowder, but the designers would never create a system which would clog up the cockpit with smoke.

 

----

 

And finally, these aircraft can carry a small amount of bombs in their rear internal bay... ten 50 kg anti-personnel types for airfield attack or light ground targets.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

The C-4-Late has three 20mm MG/FFM cannon.

 

One in the nose and two in the gondola gunpod.

 

Plus the three 7.92mm MG's.

 

Not quite up to Beaufighter level of armament, but a nasty punch.  😉

None of the fumes were ejected into the cockpit... they went into the exit chutes with the casings.

 

There might have been a small amount of odor of burnt gunpowder, but the designers would never create a system which would clog up the cockpit with smoke.

 

----

 

And finally, these aircraft can carry a small amount of bombs in their rear internal bay... ten 50 kg anti-personnel types for airfield attack or light ground targets.

 

@Buzz,

Totally understand  what your saying about design however, I'm not talking about clogging the cockpit up per say, I am however, saying that there should be some smoke residue emitting from the the breech end. As you've stated by factual armaments, More-so there are 4 x small arms calibre in a confined space, (dependent on current military terms as to what is considered under the category of small arms calibre) with oiled / greased mechanisms,  will create smoke residue even inside of the cockpit and with a scavenger / filter system engaged. Not all powder smoke is / can be extracted via the design through the ejection chutes. 

 

Anyway, the teams achievement thus far is excellent. :good: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...