jollyjack

Trains need some more stuff ..

Can of Worms: Be it FC1, or BoX ... the trains in Rise of flight look better......

Loc RoF.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

I've got Train sim world for my railway fix... this is my WWII combat sim fix... don't need detailed fancy trains when I'm bombing shit out of them

Trains in Great Battles are far better game wise. You can at least program them. In TS World 2020 you can only enjoy the graphics and follow a pre-programmed route.

The rest is the puzzle which buttons to press in the right order to start some specific loc, and then just follow that route.

Besides at every station you must wait 1 minute for loading zombie passengers. Gets boring after a while.

Or attach some wagons for coal hauling if you like freight, but every time you run a red light or speed the thing the game throws you out too.

What i mean is that the trains in IL2 are much more fun, we need more variation, like hospital wagons, and tunnels to hide from the spitfires.

I wouldn't mind if there's a player role for a train driver instead of just a programmable Ai role etc.

Edited by jollyjack

Overall, I like the appearance of the locomotives and their cars. I would like to see the damage model improved to make them more durable and harder to destroy. I'm mainly speaking of the engines in that regard. I would also love to see them exhibit more mass when the run into another vehicle. Anyone who has ever seen the results of a train/car accident knows no train will come to a complete stop after hitting a car or truck.