No145_Bunny

Brilliant Ideas for a brilliant simulator - lets make it even better

Hi all,

Thought it would be a good idea to start a specific thread where we could "gather" together all the great ideas that I have seen posted in other places.

This thread is aimed at ideas to make the simulator better, more playability, specific WW2 aspects of the air war that are missing or would be good to have in future releases. IT IS NOT aimed at complaints about Flight Models, Damage Models, Engine performance or any complaints at all. I would like it to just offer ideas to the developers that they may not have already thought about.

Lets see how it unfolds....

I have a few to start with:-

1. Path finder flares (especially for Mosquito and BON). This would add a "pathfinder" aspect to missions.

2. Craters that appear on the ground after bombing takes place that stay there till the end of the mission and can not be driven over or taxied over without causing damage.

3. Torpedos ! Another aspect that would offer more variants of mission types, mentioned a lot.

4. Dams that can be damaged or destroyed..... you know what I'm thinking of here... I know we don't have a Lancaster.

5. Smoke generators for ships, used by the Germans for larger battleships. 

6. Photo-Recon aircraft, and the ability to take photos with it.

Just a few, I'm sure there's a lot more ideas out there.

Post your ideas below, even simple ones.

thanks

Bunster

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1.medium bombers (b25/26)

2.torpedo tech (ju88a17, ju188e2, he111D something)

3.improved netcode and game engine

Btw there is already "suggestions"  forum subsection with bunch of look alike threads 

S!

• Upvote 3

Ah, yes. I didn't really research my post before I posted it.

Not to worry.

Thanks for the heads up EAF_Ribbon

• Like 1

Information provided to pilot by radio and not by on-screen messages.  Radio more realistic as no on-screen messages in real life WWII.  For example, radio messages from ground control reporting enemy activity, etc, by radio.

Happy landings,

Talisman

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Information provided to pilot by radio and not by on-screen messages.  Radio more realistic as no on-screen messages in real life WWII.  For example, radio messages from ground control reporting enemy activity, etc, by radio.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Need audio clear for when you have 10-15 people on comms flying together that is already hard enough with 2-3 battles going on and 3 different convos at same time.

dont need Ai making call outs every few seconds also.
already bad enough when like 6 x 109 Ai take off on MP server and they taking off or things then take up audio for 1-2 mins nobody can talk or have to talk over them.
keep all announcements in chat.
just imagine you are hearing them not reading them 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

Need audio clear for when you have 10-15 people on comms flying together that is already hard enough with 2-3 battles going on and 3 different convos at same time.

dont need Ai making call outs every few seconds also.
already bad enough when like 6 x 109 Ai take off on MP server and they taking off or things then take up audio for 1-2 mins nobody can talk or have to talk over them.
keep all announcements in chat.
just imagine you are hearing them not reading them 

You have completely the wrong end of the stick I think.  Did you not read my example?  Messages from ground control reporting enemy activity is what I said.  I see messages from ground control as being relevant to help pilots find enemy and air action.  Intercept course to engage enemy, radar or ground observation reports with range, distance and altitude of enemy, informing pilots that airfield and targets under attack, etc.

Most definitely don't want to hear from AI pilots and would like to turn them off, lol.

I fly regularly on comms with my squad, so I know it get busy, but radio discipline needs to be exercised and people should talk less, lol.  Radio information from ground control is historical and more realistic and would be a good informative and immersive option for those that want it as an option.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman 

P.S.  If you have ever flown CloD with its radio messages to pilots, that is the sort of thing, only better, that I am talking about.

Also, regarding TS3, you can set whisper channels so that different groups of pilots can talk to each other without disturbing everyone on the main channel.  That way you can have your own private dog fight with you and your wingman without talking over other members of the squad. 

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman