Sign in to follow this  
71st_AH_Barnacles

Head shake for 5.0

Dear Buzz, Regarding the headshake option, please could you consider toning down the flopping of head from side to side, when you roll the plane?

1. It's not realistic to have that much movement, please see this video 

where past minute 12 there are many rolls with the pilots' heads visible, and there's nothing that correlates with what we see in clod, head shake on.

2. I know it'll be easy to say, it's already possible to turn it off, so we at TF can just leave it up to the customer, but I'm proposing that you just tune the effect so it's more realistic, rather than remove it completely.

3. If the aspiration is to implement VR eventually it'll probably have to go anyway.

4. In terms of physics, any force on the head would be removed once the angular acceleration has stopped, (ie the rate of roll is established). so the head wouldn't be constantly forced to the side anyway.

5. I honestly believe it'll be a barrier for uptake of people to clod MP, who are used to il2 or other games; the server operators generally have a long experience with flying in clod, so are used to it. As such they probably underestimate how immersion breaking it can be once people have adapted to other flight sims.

It can be turned off in the settings. 

Please, please keep the head movement system...

The way I look at it... it isn't realistic to not experience Gee forces. The head movement system provides the player with more information (which would be received through their body in a real aircraft)... it makes me a better pilot and gives me a better sense of the plane... it is a beloved feature in my opinion.

I also like the much disliked 'anthropomorphic controls' setting btw.