Eh?🤔

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Krisu said:

the movie Legends

This? Legend (2015)

Edited by Pict
Update

5 hours ago, Pict said:

I clicked on it and tried to watch the trailer but that involved having to sit through a twenty-three second advert for a Citroen C3.

Five seconds in I started to feel I was loosing the will to live so I'm still in the dark about the link between a couple of extinct East End villians and the western Russia town of Shit'kovo:scratch_one-s_head: 

However, I now know that I'll never, ever want a Citroen C3:) 

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I clicked on it and tried to watch the trailer but that involved having to sit through a twenty-three second advert for a Citroen C3.

Oh Shit'kovo...I'm sorry about that. It never happened to me probably as I run 2 heavily tweaked ad-blockers on my browser. I'm going to edit that post after this. I was just trying to confirm that he meant that film, as he had got the title wrong and there was more than one film about these guys.

11 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I'm still in the dark about the link between a couple of extinct East End villians and the western Russia town of Shit'kovo:scratch_one-s_head: 

Me too, as is the OP and I'd bet just about everyone else :biggrin:

Tovarich, I don't like it here much...

Wat ekzaktli, kamrad?)

Ah.. you talk about SHIT'kovo. SHIT = ЩИТ = SHIELD )

So this name means something like "Shield village" or "Schilddorf" (exists in Germany).

Learn russian better )

shit.jpg.aafd6c40b1d7f218c9774ff45afb7283.jpg

blllyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Now I don't like it here much, mate)) On russian forum you'd be banned for this)

Edited by Lofte
  • Like 1

I was poking around the web for a Soviet pin up to put in Russian planes as a picture and came across this image. It's disturbing, but what does it say?

78bb530c1c2caca1bceba8565848beb9--pin-up

1 hour ago, cardboard_killer said:

It's disturbing, but what does it say?

Something like "Сome on, TAKE IT!". Vulgar nowadays parody of soviet posters

Basically, the movie is nothing like reality ... just fun to see how completely twisted it'd be if you were an unsuspecting viewer 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, Pict said:

This? Legend (2015)

Yeah man... movie vs. reality really really really far off 

2 hours ago, Krisu said:

Basically, the movie is nothing like reality ... just fun to see how completely twisted it'd be if you were an unsuspecting viewer 

Yeah man... movie vs. reality really really really far off 

As is often the case. In this case the movies and the books don't tie up to what the scuttlebutt in Scotland had to say of the Kray twins and their supposed effort to get involved in the Glasgow gangland scene.

The books claim that the Kray's had some kind of relationship with Glaswegian gangsters and got them to perform hits for them and even supply dynamite off all things from Scotland all the way to London. You don't need to be inspector Poirot to figure out that this is far fetched, at least the dynamite story is simple ridiculous. My mates father was a blaster and worked on the London underground at that time. Dynamite was easy to come by on most construction sites and wasn't under anything like the controls we have these days for stuff like that.

In Scotland, the word about the Kray's was that they arrived by train into Central station in Glasgow thinking they were hoping to "take over" Scotland. They were met by the Glasgow mob and told that if they stepped off the train it would be the last thing they did, so the stayed on the train and went back to London with it :) 

7 hours ago, Pict said:

As is often the case. In this case the movies and the books don't tie up to what the scuttlebutt in Scotland had to say of the Kray twins and their supposed effort to get involved in the Glasgow gangland scene.

The books claim that the Kray's had some kind of relationship with Glaswegian gangsters and got them to perform hits for them and even supply dynamite off all things from Scotland all the way to London. You don't need to be inspector Poirot to figure out that this is far fetched, at least the dynamite story is simple ridiculous. My mates father was a blaster and worked on the London underground at that time. Dynamite was easy to come by on most construction sites and wasn't under anything like the controls we have these days for stuff like that.

In Scotland, the word about the Kray's was that they arrived by train into Central station in Glasgow thinking they were hoping to "take over" Scotland. They were met by the Glasgow mob and told that if they stepped off the train it would be the last thing they did, so the stayed on the train and went back to London with it :) 

Not surprising to hear their criminal infamy was also overstated; I was mainly talking about the way they portrayed "relationships" and schizophrenia. I think the real deal wouldn't be too appealing for the public