Sign in to follow this  
ITAF_Rani

MC 200 ( collector plane)

I would suggest this little italian fighter at the Devs attention.

The Mc 200 saw action over russian front.

It could be nice have it as collector plane.

Best regards

Macchi_MC-200_920901-F-1234P-073.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

I would suggest this little italian fighter at the Devs attention.

The Mc 200 saw action over russian front.

It could be nice have it as collector plane.

Best regards

It actually saw way more action on the russian front than the Mc. 202 for sure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

It actually saw way more action on the russian front than the Mc. 202 for sure.

That, and I would love to try it out against the I-16...

25 minutes ago, FliegerAD said:

That, and I would love to try it out against the I-16...

Sounds like fun to me!

ITALIAN planes are super beautiful.  We need more of them .

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ive created more than one thread about this little marvel, nothing yet, but hopefully we will get it eventually

8 hours ago, SCG_Faerber said:

Ive created more than one thread about this little marvel, nothing yet, but hopefully we will get it eventually

Yes we need to share the voices to the attention of Devs...

Please help me about this.!!

We need more italian planes in IL2 GB

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Yes we need to share the voices to the attention of Devs...

Please help me about this.!!

We need more italian planes in IL2 GB

Agree!!

• Upvote 1

I would rather hope for a future expansion pack than for another collector plane. A Battle of Italy scenario 1943 -1944 would be an interesting possibility. The MC 200 would probably not be included, but other Italian beauties would be 😄

1 hour ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

The MC 200 would probably not be included

It should be;; the Italians converted them to ground attack planes in 1943, IIRC. I don't think, however, the Germans used the ones they captured after the capitulation, nor the Italians that became allied fliers either.

They should create on for Italy 43-45, covering the invasion and the civil war, but for the Ostfront they MUST include the Macchi 200 it is one of the most charming planes that flew in the early invasion and had a real good track record with 83 soviets shot down and 13 Macchi's lost

I've really taken to flying the M.202 again recently, it's just so charming.  An MC.200, or any other Italian plane would be really welcome.   I would love to see a smaller "Battle of Malta" expansion; we already have some of the planes that could be used or modified (trop varients etc), and with the smaller land mass, it could be a cheaper/quicker module to make.   It would also add some variety to the theatres with a more tropical setting, without stepping on the CLOD team's plans.

Edited by Dijital_Majik

Posted (edited)

It’s been explained why the Macchi 202 was picked over the Macchi 200 in Desert Wings-Tobruk, but why did the devs do it in this game as well?
Doing some research I found that the C.202 first saw (some) action in the Eastern front in mid 1942, just before the advance in Stalingrad, and till the end of the Battle, while the C.200 saw action in mid-1941 and thus the C.200 would be better suited for BoM.

This isn’t really an attack on the devs, at the end of the day in 2015 they picked the Macchi 202 over the 200 for a Collector in BoM.

Hopefully the C.200 can be added to this game as well.

Edit: one bonus of having the MC.202 is that it can be used as a placeholder for the Ki-61 Tony.

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

It’s been explained why the Macchi 202 was picked over the Macchi 200 in Desert Wings-Tobruk, but why did the devs do it in this game as well?
Doing some research I found that the C.202 first saw (some) action in the Eastern front in mid 1942, just before the advance in Stalingrad, and till the end of the Battle, while the C.200 saw action in mid-1941 and thus the C.200 would be better suited for BoM.

This isn’t really an attack on the devs, at the end of the day in 2015 they picked the Macchi 202 over the 200 for a Collector in BoM.

Hopefully the C.200 can be added to this game as well.

They likely picked the Mc202 because the Mc202 is more popular then the Mc200, same reason why the P40E1 (Not used during the Moscow career) was chosen instead of the P40B/C.

Mc200 was still active over Stalingrad so it's not only limited to an Moscow career, hopefully it will be created eventually.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:10 PM, ww2fighter20 said:

They likely picked the Mc202 because the Mc202 is more popular then the Mc200, same reason why the P40E1 (Not used during the Moscow career) was chosen instead of the P40B/C.

P-40E-1 used during Battle of Moscow but closer to the spring of 1942.

11 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

P-40E-1 used during Battle of Moscow but closer to the spring of 1942.

The 126th IAP PVO (which is the only regiment in which you can fly the P40E1 in the moscow career) notes in it's description it converted to Kittyhawks in May 1942 which is after the Moscow career ended (20-04-1942), so is this wrong information or is it another regiment which is unflyable?

43 minutes ago, ww2fighter20 said:

The 126th IAP PVO (which is the only regiment in which you can fly the P40E1 in the moscow career) notes in it's description it converted to Kittyhawks in May 1942 which is after the Moscow career ended (20-04-1942), so is this wrong information or is it another regiment which is unflyable?

I've an info that the 126th regiment was one of the first to receive P-40E, and this could happened already in February. Unfortunately 6th IAK PVO ORB doesn't make a difference between Tomahawks and Kittyhawks. They write just Curtiss

00000072.thumb.jpg.ef497dbef03a4c2fefe93ebc7aa4a02a.jpg

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

I've an info that the 126th regiment was one of the first to receive P-40E, and this could happened already in February. Unfortunately 6th IAK PVO ORB doesn't make a difference between Tomahawks and Kittyhawks. They write just Curtiss

00000072.thumb.jpg.ef497dbef03a4c2fefe93ebc7aa4a02a.jpg

Thanks for the info and that's good to know, it still wouldn't make it more important then the Warhawk for Moscow but atleast it was used.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, Novice-Flyer said:

Edit: one bonus of having the MC.202 is that it can be used as a placeholder for the Ki-61 Tony.

It certainly can...

gkXMmK.jpg