Sign in to follow this  
jojy47jojyrocks

Forced landing, Career mode bug.

One of the engines was dead after getting shot at by a Mig 3 and managed to glide down to a nearby airbase deep in OUR side of the front, friendly base. Landing was not hard either...brought her back in one piece. Just one engine being dead and a fuel leak being the damages.

In the after report screen. It shows forced landing and mission successful. But in the Unit inventory, it shows my aircraft being red highlighted and as crashed. What gives? I brought her back safe and it was not even a hard landing nor even in the enemy lines.

Not a bug - if you don't land at your home airfield, your landing will count as a forced landing.

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Not a bug - if you don't land at your home airfield, your landing will count as a forced landing.

My issue is not that. Its just that in final after report stating the finished missions and you see how many of us took part in the mission. I see my aircraft RED highlighted as in showing that I have crashed. Even if this was a successful landing albeit a forced one with one dead engine (glide landing from a He-111). But...why would it show that I crashed it when I brought it and landed safely?

10 hours ago, jojy47jojyrocks said:

But...why would it show that I crashed it when I brought it and landed safely?

Probably because your plane is unserviceable and therefore removed from the squadron inventory. There probably isn't an label for "damaged" or "written-off", so it just uses the what it has... "crashed". Remember it's just the status of the aircraft, not a reflection on how you piloted it.

20 hours ago, jojy47jojyrocks said:

One of the engines was dead after getting shot at by a Mig 3 and managed to glide down to a nearby airbase deep in OUR side of the front, friendly base. Landing was not hard either...brought her back in one piece. Just one engine being dead and a fuel leak being the damages.

In the after report screen. It shows forced landing and mission successful. But in the Unit inventory, it shows my aircraft being red highlighted and as crashed. What gives? I brought her back safe and it was not even a hard landing nor even in the enemy lines.

A dead engine is definitely enough to remove a plane from service for the next day's missions.

7 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

A dead engine is definitely enough to remove a plane from service for the next day's missions.

Quite so. Even if the engine wasn't shot out, there would be the logistical issues involved in repairing the plane and getting it back to its home airfield (e.g., a fighter plane lands at an airfield used only by bombers, or is only minimally staffed, etc.). 

11 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Quite so. Even if the engine wasn't shot out, there would be the logistical issues involved in repairing the plane and getting it back to its home airfield (e.g., a fighter plane lands at an airfield used only by bombers, or is only minimally staffed, etc.). 

Managed to land a BF-110 E2 on our side of the front, a nearby airfield (not the home-field of ours). The damage was only a minor fuel leak. Successfully landed the plane...but inventory shows...I have crashed😑.

2 minutes ago, jojy47jojyrocks said:

Managed to land a BF-110 E2 on our side of the front, a nearby airfield (not the home-field of ours). The damage was only a minor fuel leak. Successfully landed the plane...but inventory shows...I have crashed😑.

There just isn't a designation for "crew chief towing this bloody thing back to the proper airfield today" I guess. I guess just see 'crashed' as unavailable.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

There just isn't a designation for "crew chief towing this bloody thing back to the proper airfield today" I guess. I guess just see 'crashed' as unavailable.

Its not like I lost the aircraft and crashed. The only difference is that...I have landed at a different nearby FRIENDLY airfield and owing to fuel leak, I could not try and go all the way back to home-field. The point still remains that I had brought it back safe and sound at least to our friendly airfields, although not at our specific squadron base...

Edited by jojy47jojyrocks

Maybe someone got to it before it could be retrieved

download.jpg.43519563258242e2dd8a8365d7fb9125.jpg

Either way, it's a somewhat minor detail to be concerned about.

In my point of view most here are so forgiving about everything about this game, while same issues would have been dealbreakers in other. 

40 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

In my point of view most here are so forgiving about everything about this game, while same issues would have been dealbreakers in other. 

Nope, just trying to explain why things are the way they are. It doesn't mean that none of us don't want a better representation of aircraft down for maintenance for whatever reason.

I was not specific against anyone. Luke I look at you more as a helper. Great knowledge and fact related answers. If it mean anything, I think you should not feel I pointed finger at you

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 9:40 PM, jojy47jojyrocks said:

On 2/14/2020 at 12:42 AM, LukeFF said:

But this only counts for the player aircraft. If your squadmates land on another airfield, their aircrafts get counted as further available. Fortunately, I have to say, because since the last update, AI tends to constantly land at the nearest airfield, especially fighters, after shooting like mad, when out of ammo.