Sign in to follow this  
Dutch2

use of 4k skins

I’m been away for an while, but if I do well remember for for using the 4k skins you did need to use the 4k template or normal, bumpmap. Is this still counting for old introduced planes like the il2 series, read something in a BoSblog that its not needed any more? 

If I still need that additional 4k template, should I then remove the old ingame 2k template by using unGTP and exchanged it by the 4k by using JSGME. 

I think it's probably enough to just check before you do anything. Just unGTP all the skins so you've got all the defaults and then check to see if they're 4k (most of them are nowadays) and, if they are then BUNGO! If not then you just do what you've done before and put the 4k .n file in and rename the original (just knock off the B from the filename.

• Like 1

Thanks, already did find unGTP in the modsection. Last question when moving to full 4k does that have any impact on game performance as now more details for AI have to rendered, or are the AI planes reduced on that pixel point. 

7 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

does that have any impact on game performance

Nah, not at all noticeably.

Rap:salute:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Falcon41 said:

Rap,

UnGTP?   Please explain.

I think this explains a lot, I know its RoF, (which game engine is more a less equal), but the functionality is the same.