Jason_Williams

Looking for Chinese Speakers

Guys,

We are experimenting with doing a localization of IL-2 into Chinese. I know we have several Chinese speakers in the community. We require your assistance in checking some work done by a localization company and maybe doing some translations yourself.

If you are a fluent Chinese speaker, especially a native Chinese speaker. Please post in this thread and I'll be in contact.

Jason 

• Like 21
  • Upvote 7

A big market to be tapped there! Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Awesome new market.  I hope your localization efforts are successful!

Il-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Ichi-Go incoming...  :)

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

I knew some Chinese and prepare to translate for a while, we plan to share translated text together then integrate into traditional and simplified chinese, so Jason, if you want to test both chinese, I can help you (with other Taiwan IL-2 GB enthusiast), if not, I'm out. there is little difference between  traditional and simplified chinese, Taiwanese and Hong kong people can read simplified chinese, but not very fluent.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

with Chinese support, can also support korean and japanese, that's a giant step

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Would like to help with simplified Chinese localization. This is my third year studying in U.S.

乐意帮助IL-2的简体中文化!

Edited by Veneto_L
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This is a great news for us, and we expect this moment for years:biggrin:

We have a community here and lots of us are aviation fans, familiar with the system of these planes.

We can form a group with 5 or more people within contacts, translaters, tachnician and proofreader

You are always welcome to contact us!:salute:

Edited by =GW=xshinel
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 6

That's good news.Not just for Chinese players.Attract Chinese players from all over the world。Chinese players around the world will thank you. jason,

绝对的好消息,不止是对中国玩家,全世界的中文玩家都会感谢你的,杰森,

Edited by dos20
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

That is a really breaking news, we'd like to help the chinese localization😄

Wish the BOS become better and better!

哈哈,加油,奥利给!

• Like 3

Together with @=GW=xshinel, it's to my greatest delight that IL-2 is trying to meet the mojority of  Chinese players' critical need. Supporting Chinese language will eliminate the largest barrier for Chinese people to get to know the world of IL-2 and will greatly enhance the experience of existing players. 

Backed with sufficient language skill and research material, it's my pleasure to assist this great leap forward.

• Like 5

fully support this content of translating il2 to Chinese. Chinese users is in a large number 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nice to hear this game finally  going to have Chinese translate and I am glad to provide translate surrport between Simplified Chinese and English.There're lots of wargame fans in China and Chinese translate is really help to improve il2's reputation between chinese wargame fans.

Edited by =CCCP=GDcncommon

we have been long beset with localization when recruiting new members, good news for chinese IL-2 players! don't worry,  I think all of our group will be willing to help with localization into chinese. 

Hi, Jason, it's great news. I'm a native Chinese speaker living in Taiwan. (Yes, we speak Chinese in Taiwan. 😉)
Please let me know if you need help with traditional Chinese.

• Upvote 2

I can help you with it. I'm a native Mandarin speaker and fluent in English.

Edited by =ILS=_MLDD_14
  • Upvote 2

Pretty glad to see the news, it'll help a lot to popularize IL-2 in related market.

And I really hope Traditional Chinese is also in team's schedule. :)

• Like 1

Good job!!!!!!!!!!  I have waiting for this day for a long long time already!!!!Thanks a lot!!

没有比这更好的消息了,我们都爱il2! 加入中文,有利于我们联队继续扩大il2 gb 在中国的影响力!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Korea expansion, now that might tap into a huge market, even a flying Tigers expansion might shift a bit of E-tail product.

Guys,

Thanks to those Chinese speakers who have stood up to be counted. Now, I should clarify we are looking for those that know Simplified Chinese. 

Also, we are trying to find a way to give you helpers access to a Google Doc or some other online document system to help us. We know there are restrictions on what document tools you can access in China. Sneaksie is working on how to establish the work flow. For those that volunteered hang tight for a bit. 

Jason

You aren't fooling me. I know the real reason that you're looking for Chinese speakers. The next module is going to be China. I know it! (Rumor is officially started.)

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

You aren't fooling me. I know the real reason that you're looking for Chinese speakers. The next module is going to be China. I know it! (Rumor is officially started.)

The FlyingsTiger?

tigres-del-aire.jpg

steam_PI_DLC-P-40.jpg

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Thanks to those Chinese speakers who have stood up to be counted. Now, I should clarify we are looking for those that know Simplified Chinese. 

Also, we are trying to find a way to give you helpers access to a Google Doc or some other online document system to help us. We know there are restrictions on what document tools you can access in China. Sneaksie is working on how to establish the work flow. For those that volunteered hang tight for a bit. 

Jason

I have access to Google Doc, and I am in Europe, there are no real limitations, I would be glad to be a part of your translation effort. Moreover, ILS squadron would love to participate, let us know if you need our help.

Edited by =ILS=_MLDD_14

Hi Jason, also native Chinese speaker here, and gladly to help!

I don't live in China so the 'Great Wall' won't affect me lol

Nelson.

Edited by Nelson

Jason, 

Google is blocked in China. Some, but most Chinese do not have a VPN. I believe one drive is accessible. 

Edited by [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther

For me, I have tool to access Google document, but one drive cant.

Edited by =CHN=Crash

Yeah, I did a search with Bing and it came up. One link didn't load but One drive Business did. 

I personally always have my VPN on because I like google. When I talk to the guys in QQ, I mentioned discord and they said they didn't have a VPN. Discord is blocked. :( But teamspeak isn't. Please join us in our discord, the link is in my signature. (well it goes to the thread with the link). 

11 minutes ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Yeah, I did a search with Bing and it came up. One link didn't load but One drive Business did. 

I personally always have my VPN on because I like google. When I talk to the guys in QQ, I mentioned discord and they said they didn't have a VPN. Discord is blocked. :( But teamspeak isn't. Please join us in our discord, the link is in my signature. (well it goes to the thread with the link). 

I subscribed to the Office 365. I can save files to OneDrive personal with Office, but the speed is extremly low, almost imposible to transfer large files.