BSOC-Edu_br10

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Sicily

The Mediterranean Front in 1943, allows the introduction of new aircraft, and the use of many that are already in the game, such as:

BF-109G

FW-190A

HE-111H

JU-87D

JU-88A

MC.202

A-20B Havoc

P-39L-1 Airacobra

P-40E1 Kittyhawk (Mk IA)

Spitfire Mk.VB

Spitfire Mk.IX

Hurricane Mk.II

It was then a package intended for Italian aircraft, the first naval aircraft and a twin-engine and trimotor bomber. Focused on aircraft that had a considerable number of operations in 1943.

Allied Air:

Plane Set

Apache A-36A

Beaufighters MK1C

Kittyhawk Mk III (P40K)

Martlet IV (F4F-4)

Collector Plane

B-25D Mitchell

Axis Air:

Plane Set

Fiat G.50

Macchi C.200

Reggiane Re.2001

Savoia-Marchetti SM.79

Collector Plane

Reggiane Re.2002

Ships:

A standard ship of each class is the key to development, no complications with variations.

The Normandy scenario introduces landing ships. Kuban introduced basic German ships.

Allied

Illustrious-class aircraft carrier (HMS Formidable)

Nelson-class battleship

Benham class Destroyer

Auk-class Minesweeper

Axis

Spica-class torpedo boat

Soldati-class destroyer

New Weapons and Mechanics:

The battle focused on the Mediterranean and Operation Husky requires the introduction of torpedoes launched by aircraft. List of torpedoes below:

LT I A1 - Luftwaffe
18 inch Mark XII - British
45 cm (17.7") Si 200/450 x 5.36 - Italian

A new mechanic that needs to be added is the operation of the aircraft carrier, during Operation Husky, the HMS Formidable, held east of the island, in a position to intercept any attempt by the Italian fleet to attack landings.

HMS Formidable: July 1943
* Total of 45 for Operation Husky
885 Squadron: 5 Seafire IIC
888 Squadron: 14 Martlet IV
893 Squadron: 14 Martlet IV
820 Squadron: 12 Albacore

In the game the ideal is to limit the operation to 14 aircrafts a Squadron (Players), adding animations of the crew and all the effects of the operation on board. Landing and takeoff communication and management system.

Map:

The Map can provide scenarios for strategic operations preparatory to invasion, amphibious landings and occupation.

Theater2.thumb.jpg.5b70e52fd7a80d078b0b179bff5344aa.jpg

It could be worked on after the launch of the battle of Normandy between the years 2021 and 2022.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

A few points to consider:

- The C.200 was produced in large numbers.
- Number of missions during the previous phase.
- Used on the Eastern Front.

I believe that with the existence of MC.202 in the game and the introduction of Re.2001 and Re.2002, the addition of two older aircraft (G.50 and C.200) is important to bring a balance to the aircraft list.

If the idea is to focus only on the most capable aircraft, I agree with you the MC.205 and Fiat G.55 become more important.

It wasn't my point to introduced a more capable aircraft. If you are going to have a 1943 setting, it makes sense to have planes that fought in that time frame. The 200 seems more like a collector plane. 

IIRC only 17 C.202's were deployed to Russia, and they scored no kills. The C.200 saw much more use on the Eastern front, and is the plane we should have gotten instead of the C.202. It would be a great addition to the game.

I like it but on planset you would have to add atleast one axis fighter and bomber to make it sell, also mc205 in anything in Italy is must, so if insted opsolite g50 and mc200 you go with fw190a4 and ju88a17 and i would replaced re.2001 with mc205 and left radial re.2002 in planset.

On allied side also i would add Spitfire VIII insted P-40.

If they wont to stay with europe DLCs they will have to go with something in Italy 43 i think that after BoN we have to go to east front to finish that, and then probably something like this.

I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to introduce Fritz-X and Hs 293, and the Do 217 to carry them. They were not terribly useful on D-Day, so it is ok not having them in BoN, but in the Med 1943...

An all Italian plane set is a bit hardcore anyway, especially for people who do not own any other BoX. Same goes for the Allies, the plane set on its own represents a very special interest, even in a niche field such as flight sims. I am afraid a few big names like Spitfire or Fw 190 are needed.

(And I say that as someone who would love to have an A-36!)

13 hours ago, FliegerAD said:

I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to introduce Fritz-X and Hs 293, and the Do 217 to carry them. They were not terribly useful on D-Day, so it is ok not having them in BoN, but in the Med 1943...

An all Italian plane set is a bit hardcore anyway, especially for people who do not own any other BoX. Same goes for the Allies, the plane set on its own represents a very special interest, even in a niche field such as flight sims. I am afraid a few big names like Spitfire or Fw 190 are needed.

(And I say that as someone who would love to have an A-36!)

Do217 with Fritz-x and Hs 293 were based in South France and Istria in North East Italy at time , so its imposible that they would go for them as they cant make that big map to have their target area and their take off/landing area for SP campaign.

3 hours ago, CountZero said:

Do217 with Fritz-x and Hs 293 were based in South France and Istria in North East Italy at time , so its imposible that they would go for them as they cant make that big map to have their target area and their take off/landing area for SP campaign.

Ar234B-2 was never used over Normandy (Only unarmed prototype), P40E1 and Mc202 where never used over Moscow (was P40B/C and Mc200) and Fw190A3 was never used over Stalingrad, all these aircraft are still as of today sold as premium edition and flyable in career mode with an battle they never where used in.

Before Normandy was announced several people have mentioned the Fw190 Stalingrad argument was outdated and I agreed with them since the aircraft included with Kuban and Bodenplatte premium edition only included aircraft that actually where used and had there historical airfields, this changed with the Normandy announcement (Ar234).

Personally I do prefer if they only include aircraft of an 5x5 release that actually where used in battle but at the same time I also am not fully against it if they have an historical use during other battles, like the Ar234 during Bodenplatte or the P40E1 and Mc202 for Stalingrad.