Sign in to follow this  
beresford

Fragile Photographic Plates

I had seen this message coming up for others while in flight, but on Sunday on Flugpark I experienced it myself for the first time. Landing after a 1 1/2 hour recon deep behind enemy lines I managed to spot my airfield (why do they make them so difficult to see?) but had a propeller strike with my Bristol on landing. To my surprise this dumb message comes up saying that the 'fragile plates' have shattered and my mission is invalidated. Who thought this was a good idea? Granted ROF was extreme the other way and you could cartwheel and still complete successfully, but this was sufficiently annoying to trigger a rage disconnect and a change to another game that was fun.

• Upvote 1

Never seen that. Personally I like the immersion of it, but just have to hope that it never happens to me because then I won't!

5 hours ago, beresford said:

Who thought this was a good idea?

George Eastman.

It was very real issue in WW1 recons. And the fighter pilots who flew recon themselves and knew how fragile the plates are, like Udet, made sure to exploit it 

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Upvote 2

On 2/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, beresford said:

To my surprise this dumb message comes up saying that the 'fragile plates' have shattered and my mission is invalidated.

Perhaps you crashed into a truck delivering crockery to the caterers.

• Like 1