ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 Wellington Mk.Ic, "Little Joe" 458 Sqn RAAF, N. Africa 1942

TFS 5.0 Wellington Mk.Ic, "Little Joe" 458 Sqn RAAF, N. Africa 1942

The Wellington is one of most, and for some, the absolute most, eagerly awaited new flyable aircraft to the upcoming expansion to IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Screenshots by Larry.

https://ibb.co/album/h5i2Jv

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some lovely shots there Pattle of as you mention probably one of most anticipated aircraft of the release, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak.:drinks:

The ground shots have me puzzled, the engine is running and cover missing with objects close to the aircraft, is that piloted, static or some fancy Photoshop wizardry?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Awesome photos, with a bit of vintage filter they'd look photo-realistic! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

Some lovely shots there Pattle of as you mention probably one of most anticipated aircraft of the release, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh so to speak.:drinks:

The ground shots have me puzzled, the engine is running and cover missing with objects close to the aircraft, is that piloted, static or some fancy Photoshop wizardry?

Maintenance is checking that engine out. If you want to create photos like that, you can place small objects close enough to parts of the aircraft and you'll trigger the DM. So then it looks like the groundcrew is performing work on that engine. I'd guess it is human controlled, started just the left engine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

Maintenance is checking that engine out. If you want to create photos like that, you can place small objects close enough to parts of the aircraft and you'll trigger the DM. So then it looks like the groundcrew is performing work on that engine. I'd guess it is human controlled, started just the left engine. 

That is a superb feature, is it new or was it always there?

Another question is does the prop remain rotating as long as the object is there or is it on a timer that turns it off as say a mission progresses?

I have always been a big fan of the mission builder as it provides such a variety of wonderful objects that can create such impressive environments to really bring any campaign/mission to life and add such immersion for the player, anything that further builds on that has to be very welcome, great work guys.:drinks:

Always been there. The object has nothing to do with the engine being on. You can place an aircraft in the FMB, make it "player". Then add other objects you want. If you want a portion of the aircraft to be removed, then place another object touching it and it will trigger the DM. So the cowling is removed in this particular instance. Each plane will be different depending on how their DM works, sometimes it works great, sometime not so much. 

• Like 1

Very neat.

I also very much want this plane.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:59 AM, ATAG_Pattle said:

for some, the absolute most, eagerly awaited

+ 1!

Guys, get on with this release already hehehee..... I am getting tired of having to address people in the other place to tell them to stop asking for a GB BoB and check CloD instead.....!

• Like 1

Torpedo will be available for the player with the Wellington and He 111 specific variants.

Edited by ATAG_Pattle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2