Sign in to follow this  
Bishop1981

MFG Crosswind Brake Axis swapped

Hello, everybody.

I currently have the following problem with my MFG Crosswind in IL-2 that my brakes work in the game but the X-axis is on the right wheel and the Y-axis is on the left wheel. This causes me to brake the right wheel with the left and vice versa.

Normally this would not be a problem by simply changing this in the game but there is the error that he does not recognize my axles when reassigning them. So I cannot change the axes at the moment.

Maybe someone here had the same problem and found a solution. I am at the end with my Latin.

Maybe there is a possibility to change the axis in the hardware so that it is no longer necessary in the game?

Greetings Bishop

Edited by Bishop1981

Check that the 2 small cables are correctly plugged in.  From memory mine are crossed.

If all else fails, uninstall them, replace any firmware, and plug them back in again.

von Tom

Hey Bishop,

Something I would check would be to go in the sims control settings  and insure the left/right brakes correspond with the proper input, if not I would reset them.

Other than this , as von_Tom suggested , I would check the cables on the pedals to insure they are plugged in properly.

Also, have you checked the controls using the MFG configurator tool ( used for calibration ) ? If not I would do this also and if the cable connections are correct you may want to

go ahead and recalibrate your pedals since you are in this program (  see last part of video titled Unpacking and Assembly  MFG Crosswind Pedals ).

If you have done all this and things are still not correct, the only other thing I can think of as a fairly new owner of these pedals is to ( as Milan suggested ) not calibrate these pedals using windows calibration. 

Good luck !!

Cheers -sf- 

•     

Try "brute force".

Open (with Notepad) the file "Current.actions" - in ... Sturmovik\Data\Input\

And exchange axes names in this lines:

rpc_wheel_brakes_left,                            joy#_axis_x,                                                 0| // Left wheel brakes
rpc_wheel_brakes_right,                           joy#_axis_y,                                                 0| // Right wheel brakes

"joy#" can be joy1, joy2... etc. leave as is.

And make sure the file(s) or folders aren´t set to "read only" in properties! [Is your game in C\Program (x86) folder? If so move it out to anywhere else on your disk(s)]

Hello, thank you for the numerous answers and support. I did it now as described above with the exchange of the connection cables and that worked also perfectly.
Sometimes you just have to try the simplest solutions. 😙

Greetings Bishop