3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

You've done it - you just set me back 100 quid. :ph34r:

lol. I was lucky, as I already owned the original, it was only 9.99 for me, and i had enough DCS miles to cover that for free!

I love the ability to look at a target, and with one button press slave the Tpod to it and deploy weapons on it. And the laser guided rockets are way way to much fun.

Edited by DD_fruitbat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, this vid is great by the way,

Love the comment from C W Lemoine to Wags, 'you're probably actually in jail'........ 

3 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

lol. I was lucky, as I already owned the original, it was only 9.99 for me, and i had enough DCS miles to cover that for free!

I love the ability to look at a target, and with one button press slave the Tpod to it and deploy weapons on it. And the laser guided rockets are way way to much fun.

Every video I watch makes me want to buy it because it's a cool azz A-10 and every video I watch reminds me that I will never, ever master systems that complex, so I shouldn't buy it.

Bummer. :(

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

and every video I watch reminds me that I will never, ever master systems that complex, so I shouldn't buy it.

«Pshhhh»

Where did all that common sense come from?

It has not stopped us before, you better shape up!

Before you know it , you trade in your gaming rig for a lawn mower “because you really did not need it”.

You must stay on the path, never surrender. 
Woohoo, dangeeous thinking there, buddy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

«Pshhhh»

Before you know it , you trade in your gaming rig for a lawn mower “because you really did not need it”.

Troublemaker! :angry:

It's the $112 price tag that keeps me from buying it. If it was half that, I would buy it. I'm still thinking about it, but I fired up the Su-25A yesterday, The Pickup Truck of Death, and it satisfied my cravings for a big fat "Kaboom!" airplane. Ya gotta love firing rockets the size of telephone poles. And I do enjoy the A-10A a lot. It has a solid "Brrrrrrrrtttt" factor.

And it's the "Brrrrrrrrrttt" that matters. 

Havnt you got airmiles or whatever they are called. Like Fruitbat, my upgrade was "free" :)

11 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Have you got your fingering equipment working yet, Crash?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

Have you got your fingering equipment working yet, Crash?

Exsqueeze me? :huh:

Yes Arthur but I need to recalibrate when I have some time ;)

Still trying to get the hang of T-34 gunnery.

Edited by DD_Crash

Looks like fun - except for me.

I'm so clumsy that if we jammed, I'd actually drop the bass...

BTW: Had the game freeze on me abeam Beirut and abeam Haifa each - looks like the map needs a lot of improvement...

9 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Troublemaker! :angry:

Yes

, but I fired up the Su-25A yesterday, 

This is the fixed wing I fly most. 

the $112 price tag

Pfff. Cut down a couple more tree’s 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

This is the fixed wing I fly most. 

The thing with the Su-25A is it's fast to get into action. A couple of quick clicks and you're ready to fire a ton of stuff. With the A-10C it looks on the videos like you have to write out a paragraph of DOS code to do just about anything. 

"Configure sensor of interest left, china hat forward, slave to azimuth and align with left DMS and press down."

Congratulations! You turned on the windshield wiper!  :drink2:

How can you do all that while tearing around at treetop height and taking fire?

15 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Pfff. Cut down a couple more tree’s 

I'm going to name the ozone hole after you. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Congratulations! You turned on the windshield wiper! 

That's nothing! I released the ladder in flight and that last step turned out to be a rather giant leap...

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the Hornet is easier on my rig abovy Syria than the Viper.

Might be random.

I don't even dare pulling the Tomcat out of the hangar-deck, unless they're optimising the map.

The A-10C's SOI and SPI stuff is an enigma to me. DMS and TMS seem to do entirely unrelated stuff by default.

Is that missplaced auto-assigned controls, or does it actually work that way and I'll need to read through a bunch of X-Files to figure things out?

24 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Looks like the Hornet is easier on my rig abovy Syria than the Viper.

Might be random.

I don't even dare pulling the Tomcat out of the hangar-deck, unless they're optimising the map.

The A-10C's SOI and SPI stuff is an enigma to me. DMS and TMS seem to do entirely unrelated stuff by default.

Is that missplaced auto-assigned controls, or does it actually work that way and I'll need to read through a bunch of X-Files to figure things out?

These might help, certainly helped me!

image_248898.jpg

image_248899.jpg

Edited by DD_fruitbat
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, CanadaOne said:

The thing with the Su-25A is it's fast to get into action. A couple of quick clicks and you're ready to fire a ton of stuff. With the A-10C it looks on the videos like you have to write out a paragraph of DOS code to do just about anything. 

Yeah...not into that.

I like the idea of the MiG 15.

I love the idea of the A-10....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!

But I'd need a simplified version - Gun Mode, Missile Mode, Bomb mode hot keys while my virtual pilot did all of the fancy MFD stuff for me.

Ok maybe a hot key to switch MFD modes, and maybe arm my gun...but dammit I have to draw the line there.

I mean I'd love to be able to operate all that stuff, but there's this little thing called "real life". 

Honestly, if you have time for all of that other stuff...you're sort of like a little bit cooler (slightly)  Dungeons and Dragon's geek IMHO and your probably don't have a girlfriend...just sayin.

:P

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah...not into that.

I like the idea of the MiG 15.

Now you understand my issues with the BoX mission editor. :P

'Cause the A-10C can do 1001 tricks and it's super powerful, but the Mig-15 is kind of simplistic. I did try the Mig-15 when DCS had the free trial but it didn't float my boat. I think I found the cockpit visibility to be kind of poor. I want to see all that lovely eye candy on the maps.

21 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I love the idea of the A-10....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!

But I'd need a simplified version - Gun Mode, Missile Mode, Bomb mode hot keys while my virtual pilot did all of the fancy MFD stuff for me.

Ok maybe a hot key to switch MFD modes, and maybe arm my gun...but dammit I have to draw the line there.

I mean I'd love to be able to operate all that stuff, but there's this little thing called "real life". 

Honestly, if you have time for all of that other stuff...you're sort of like a little bit cooler (slightly)  Dungeons and Dragon's geek IMHO and your probably don't have a girlfriend...just sayin.

:P

The A-10A is perfect then. I really like it. Easy to manage, beaucoup "Kaboom!" and Brrrrrrrrrrrrt! to boot.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Now you understand my issues with the BoX mission editor. :P

Hmmm...that was sort of a burn Kelso...but I accept said burn.

23 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

'Cause the A-10C can do 1001 tricks and it's super powerful, but the Mig-15 is kind of simplistic. I did try the Mig-15 when DCS had the free trial but it didn't float my boat. I think I found the cockpit visibility to be kind of poor. I want to see all that lovely eye candy on the maps.

The A-10A is perfect then. I really like it. Easy to manage, beaucoup "Kaboom!" and Brrrrrrrrrrrrt! to boot.

Might have to look into that one someday.

• Upvote 1

I will personally not endeavor on a discussion on what is easies to make a campaign in. Because the features in both is pretty  obvious powerful and complex. 
For making simple missions however dcs is head shoulder and ass in forward position. 
But I wish for a Gambit in DCS too. The quality of your work in GB speak for itself. 
I believe you could sell a great deal of campaigns there too

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Hmmm...that was sort of a burn Kelso...but I accept said burn.

A burn offered with gentility and kindness. :cool:

Might have to look into that one someday.

The A-10A is great. On sale for about $10 right now, and I think getting to the Brrrrrrrrt! is a two-click affair. First click for A2G on the HUD and second click for the GAU-8 and you're ready to go. Another click cycles the weapons on the pylons. Locking on a Maverick is only another click or two at most. It couldn't be simpler, and the A-10A carries a chit ton o' fun under the wings. 

And speaking of good intentions, look at all that love on them pylons. :biggrin:

20201028064923_1.jpg

Edited by CanadaOne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good call Canada,

If I fire up DCS quick usually it's in one of the Flaming Cliffs planes just because they are way simpler and easier to operate with limited time to learn all the systems.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

Good call Canada,

If I fire up DCS quick usually it's in one of the Flaming Cliffs planes just because they are way simpler and easier to operate with limited time to learn all the systems.

True dat.

The exception for me is the Harrier. I spend more time managing the systems in that plane than all the others. But for some quick "beeg badaboom!" it's going to be the A-10A or the SU-25A. 

DCS sale starts on Steam tomorrow. Not sure what or if I'll get anything. The F-14 is mighty cool, but I think it will still run about $80 on sale.

We'll see.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:25 AM, Hattrick said:

Hey at least they're gonna do it, at least ED got off the pot.  Massive $$$ coming EDs way!!! 

The difference is, though, that ED announces it, then completes does not complete it in ten years.

When Sturmovik team announces something, they work on it and actually release it in a reasonable schedule. 

21 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

The A-10A is great. On sale for about $10 right now, and I think getting to the Brrrrrrrrt! is a two-click affair. First click for A2G on the HUD and second click for the GAU-8 and you're ready to go.

Actually, getting to do Brrrrrrt! in A-10A is a zero-click affair. If I remember correctly, cannon is a weapon in A-10A that can be fired in any mode. Sure, if you want to be fancy and aim the proper way, then it takes a couple of clicks first.

Edited by Robli

2 hours ago, Robli said:

The difference is, though, that ED announces it, then completes does not complete it in ten years.

When Sturmovik team announces something, they work on it and actually release it in a reasonable schedule

Yeah. But P 47 came along nicely. Looking at that. Mossie going to be a real winner. 

12 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Yeah. But P 47 came along nicely. Looking at that. Mossie going to be a real winner. 

P47 game out nicely, but did not come along particularly nicely. It was originally promised in 2015, then was kind of cancelled, because "all source material had been destroyed in a fire" and then finally came out in 2020. The result is good, though.

3 hours ago, Robli said:

When Sturmovik team announces something, they work on it and actually release it in a reasonable schedule. 

I have several products that DCS announced and then released. And it's been less than 10 years. ;)

And fair is fair, BoX has stuff that can be bought now but not received for 6 to 12 months, is that right? Delays and waiting periods are everywhere. 

3 hours ago, Robli said:

Actually, getting to do Brrrrrrt! in A-10A is a zero-click affair. If I remember correctly, cannon is a weapon in A-10A that can be fired in any mode. Sure, if you want to be fancy and aim the proper way, then it takes a couple of clicks first.

One click! I claim victory. :dance:

You have to at least put the HUD from NAV to A2A or A2G mode. Two clicks if you want the sight in A2G mode. Byzantine, I grant you that, but required none the less.

I think there's a good chance I'll be taking off in a Corsair from a carrier in the pacific in DCS before I am doing it in il2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I think there's a good chance I'll be taking off in a Corsair from a carrier in the pacific in DCS before I am doing it in il2.

I think you will, but not me. I am a little pissed we aint getting a flyable Zero to go with it

Ahhh who am  I kidding, I will too. I cannot stay angry that long

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I think you will, but not me. I am a little pissed we aint getting a flyable Zero to go with it

Ahhh who am  I kidding, I will too. I cannot stay angry that long

Yeah I would have certainly liked the Zero, probably more than the Corsair.

48 minutes ago, Archie said:

Yeah I would have certainly liked the Zero, probably more than the Corsair.

Definitely more.

It will happen - if I have grandchildren then perhaps my great grandchildren will enjoy it.

20 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

For the A-10 Gurus - some great info in there!

Damn you.

Damn Damn Damn...

I’m starting to get into a jet mood.

Already happening with the MSFS 2020 thread but I had my heels dug in...sort of.

(not really)

But now...new system in the works.

You’re killing me. I have actual WORK to do and plenty of it to boot.

• Haha 2

We got Gambit hooked. Just to wheel him in. It took 8 years. Hard as nail. But we did it. 
Together we are dynamite

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Haha 2

Don’t reel me in too fast, I have Mossie work to do. ;)

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 12:57 AM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

«Pshhhh»

Troublemaker:angry:

My new ride. :cool:

I've learned 0.001% of the systems, but I managed to BRRRRRRRRTT! and the gunsight is really nice. Much fancier than the A-10A. Gonna get some MK-84 action going.

20201031085226_1.jpg