Developer Diary 237 - Discussion

Han

You know, I just look at these hurricane pictures again and the amount of detail involved is staggering. Inside the landing gear wells, the hydraulic lines and all of the landing gear mechanism. Amazing! All this and the skin template hasn't even been applied. That's it, please stop all production and everything else! All hands on deck to finish the Hurricane. If you do this,.... Two weeks I am sure.:ph34r:

S!Blade<><

On 1/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, RedKestrel said:

If you smash a II and a II together you should get a IV. Unless my math skills have seriously degraded since elementary school (a real possibility)

A wiseguy, eh?

• 1 month later...

Any news about development & release of the Hurricane?I don't know how I'll use it ( a Murmansk map perhaps or some Faux BoB missions with the Normandy map,) but  I am really looking forward to this flying this plane in VR !

( Apologies for using images from CloD BLITZ)

hurri1.jpg

hurri3.jpg

huuri2.jpg

II/JG17_HerrMurf

I'd be very surprised if it didn't come with at least a couple of Soviet skins to go along with several Brit and Commonwealth schemes.

1 hour ago, kendo said:

Does that Hurricane look incredibly out of proportion....or what?

I think its the wide angle view I used & then cropped.That will make  anything distorted.In photos we sort of disregard it but in drawings , paintings or in this case screenshots our eyes pick up on it immediately.

download (1).jpg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

I hope the Hurricane will come with at least one soviet skin, so that I can use it in my Kuban campaign.

I think you mean earlier campaigns - to my knowledge they weren't used in Kuban at all (could be mistaken) -- but it fits very well in the Moscow campaign.

Edited by Redwo1f

Feathered_IV
5 hours ago, kendo said:

Does that Hurricane look incredibly out of proportion....or what?

Its a short nosed Mk I with the ill-fitting Rotol propeller that was originally intended for the Spitfire.  It always makes them look a bit funny up front.

• Thanks 1

=VARP=Ribbon
3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

I think its the wide angle view I used & then cropped.That will make  anything distorted.In photos we sort of disregard it but in drawings , paintings or in this case screenshots our eyes pick up on it immediately.

download (1).jpg

He's got two tails and squint eye engine🤣

7 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

I hope the Hurricane will come with at least one soviet skin

Practically the whole point of adding the Hurricane at this point is to make it available for the Soviet side.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

I think you mean earlier campaigns - to my knowledge they weren't used in Kuban at all (could be mistaken) -- but it fits very well in the Moscow campaign.

Yes but I am not trying to be perfect historically, more inspired by the facts, but who can guarantee that no hurricane ended up in the Kuban?

Edited by IckyATLAS

13 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Yes but I am not trying to be perfect historically, more inspired by the facts, but who can guarantee that no hurricane ended up in the Kuban?

The developers have access to the original aircraft strength reports from that time and region. 

4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The developers have access to the original aircraft strength reports from that time and region. 

Ok then, let's say this is Icky's Kuban Theater of War 🙂 

-=_310_=-wejce_cz

Thank you !!! My favourite plane ... and those weapon sets... Brilliant :thank_you:I hope it will come soon ... :pilot::fly:

Edited by -=_310_=-wejce_cz

• 1 month later...
Ptolemy_Soter

Will it be possible to remove the dust filter in hangar or is the tropicalized variant made by default ?

Photographic evidence shows that aircraft were not always fitted with such equipment.