Babayega

RTX 3070/80 Specs leaked

If you havent seen the specs, there are rumors it can go up to 20GB of RAM(rumored but likely will be 10 gb) and CUDA cores have increased almost 1000! If this thing is true, man this card will chew this sim up and spit it out! 

Google it and you will see! careful, one of the websites appears to be infected at top. 

Edited by Babayega

Just now, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Maybe my next buy from my 1080Ti

thats what I was thinking. I have the 1080TI and from what I hear the performance on the 2080 in BOX is not that much different and not worth the cost from the 1080 TI. 

I think I will wait for the 3080 and see what it comes in at. 

1 minute ago, Babayega said:

thats what I was thinking. I have the 1080TI and from what I hear the performance on the 2080 in BOX is not that much different and not worth the cost from the 1080 TI. 

I think I will wait for the 3080 and see what it comes in at. 

Exactly :)

Well I also should change my  ageing  i7 7600k@5Ghz  with motherboard.

1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Maybe my next buy from my 1080Ti

Same here. I got this overclocked 1080Ti the week it was released and it was blasting away for two years and half. Great card, but it starts to show it's age. Was thinking to swap it for a 2000 series cardm but only the 2080Ti offers a decent upgrade over 1080Ti and i decided to just skip this generation.

I'm waiting for the RTX3000 as my next GPU. Looks like they will not release the 3080Ti in the sam time with the 3080. They may release the 3080 and 3070 and hold the 3080Ti until after the release of the big Navi. 

Here's a safe link about the leak from Hot Hardware:

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3000-ampere-gpu-specs-leaked

Edited by Jaws2002

The 2080Ti was a big jump from the 1080, but I'm not convinced this will help those of us in VR (or 2D for that matter).

Now if Intel released a CPU running at 6Ghz....  That isn't going to happen, so a game engine rebuild is needed, some day.  I still believe it'll happen, but I just hope it is before I lose my sight or my marbles.

von Tom

24 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

Now if Intel released a CPU running at 6Ghz.

That won't happen and it's a wrong way for doing things. Just look at the graphics cards. Look at the huge amount of cores they use and how multithread efficient the workload for the GPU is.  That's why the GPUs are so powerful, because they use a lot of cores and the software that runs on them is designed to take advantage of all that computing power.

The gaming industry relied on high core clocks to make up for lazy programming, but that boost increase can't go for ever and multi threading is the best way to go for future CPUs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaws2002 said:

Same here. I got this overclocked 1080Ti the week it was released and it was blasting away for two years and half. Great card, but it starts to show it's age. Was thinking to swap it for a 2000 series cardm but only the 2080Ti offers a decent upgrade over 1080Ti and i decided to just skip this generation.

I'm waiting for the RTX3000 as my next GPU. Looks like they will not release the 3080Ti in the sam time with the 3080. They may release the 3080 and 3070 and hold the 3080Ti until after the release of the big Navi. 

Here's a safe link about the leak from Hot Hardware:

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3000-ampere-gpu-specs-leaked

I am hoping they hit with the 3080TI but I already know where my tax return money is going!! Right into savings until this bad boy comes out. I like to get the Ti version if I can because if I dont, I wind up wishing I did. Might as well wait a bit and let it come out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Babayega said:

I am hoping they hit with the 3080TI but I already know where my tax return money is going!! Right into savings until this bad boy comes out. I like to get the Ti version if I can because if I dont, I wind up wishing I did. Might as well wait a bit and let it come out. 

I'm in the same boat. I hope they release the 3080Ti soon after the 3080 and i don't cave and buy the 3080 and then regret it.😭

By the way, cool name.:biggrin:

I'm glad I'm booking depreciations on most of my hardware. A 3080ti sure sounds sexy. But currently I have one of the best or the best model of the 2080ti series. So I wonder, how high the next horse will jump. Time will tell.

I was thinking about upgrading to a 2070 super but I'll probably just wait now. I mostly care about the ray tracing improvements in the 3000 series, and what AMD will do with regards to RT support.

With some architecture and frecuency improvements it wouldn't be crazy to think the 3070 will be around 2080 Ti level performance (same specs as 2080 Super, which already is only around 15% behind 2080Ti). The 3080 might be 20-30% ahead of the 2080Ti.

The key part here is are they going to price it... Turing wasn't good in that regard... you basically payed the same amount of money for the same amount of performance as Pascal.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

The key part here is are they going to price it... Turing wasn't good in that regard... you basically payed the same amount of money for the same amount of performance as Pascal.

I've seen a few rumors that RTX3000 series is going to be cheaper at launch than what the 2000 series was. I think it's cheaper to make them on 7nm, because the fabrication process gives a lot less bad dies compared to the last gen and Nvidia didn't like the backlash they got with the release of the overpriced  RTX 2000series.

But ultimately it will depend on how competitive the next AMD card will be.

Edited by Jaws2002

Oh yeah I would be all over a 3080 Ti.

Maybe they will do like the 2080 Series when it released, they had the 2080 Ti release at the same time.

I will likely wait for an EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3.

Edited by dburne

35 minutes ago, dburne said:

Oh yeah I would be all over a 3080 Ti.

Maybe they will do like the 2080 Series when it released, they had the 2080 Ti release at the same time.

I will likely wait for an EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3.

I had a three EVGA cards. I started with them when they were offering that "step up" program. Back then, you could buy a card from them and if something better showed up in six months, you could send the old one back, pay the difference and they would send you the new card. Good times.:biggrin:

S! 

There was also this marketing stuff going on, like 50% more performance for 50% less power etc. Can't blame them for that, even a bit shady way to hype a new card. 

Hopefully the competition will be stiff when both companies release their new cards. Pricing vs performance will decide a lot. 

If (200% 1080Ti performance && reasonable price == true) then buy, else pass.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:37 PM, Jaws2002 said:

I'm in the same boat. I hope they release the 3080Ti soon after the 3080 and i don't cave and buy the 3080 and then regret it.😭

By the way, cool name.:biggrin:

haha thanks! I wasnt sure if it was taken or not. Love me some John Wick! 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, Gomoto said:

If (200% 1080Ti performance && reasonable price == true) then buy, else pass.

I totally agree.

I bought my 1080ti just before the bitcoin thing, got it for £600.

The prices being touted these days for performance NVidia cards, means it would need to be a very very significant improvement over my 1080ti for me t even think about it.

A good branded 2080ti goes for £1300-£1500. If the new 3080's come in at a similar price, I'll be passing if there isn't at least 50% boost and even then it'll be a boozy Friday night shouldn't be online impulse buy.

3 hours ago, Babayega said:

"Well, he wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you send to kill the F*&ng boogeyman." :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Babayega said:

:good:

Love those movies, have all three.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

"Well, he wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you send to kill the F*&ng boogeyman." :biggrin:

true!!! I forgot about that line in the movie!

yes next upgrade is i9-9900K/RTX3080. With the new PiMax VR 8Kx. I sure hope I won't be disappointed!

On 1/25/2020 at 11:52 PM, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

yes next upgrade is i9-9900K/RTX3080. With the new PiMax VR 8Kx. I sure hope I won't be disappointed!

my next is an i9 as well. Since my MOBO is 1151 the i9 still uses that form factor so its an easy swap out with my i7. Just have to tweak the BIOS settings a bit and the Corsair cooler will still work. Just need to get some more thermal paste. 

• Upvote 1