Hi all

First time posting here so may already be posted elsewhere.

Does Il-2 BoS/BoM and all dlc allow multi joystick support. for example i have a thrustmaster hotas one but it deosn't have enough buttons for prop pitch,rpm and engine mixture. so would using a 2nd throttle stick such as the logitech quadrant work for pitch, rpm and mixture or willl the game get confused with it aswell as my current one or can i rebind my paddle rudder to one. Im looking at getting rudder pedals and a trackir sometime soon so i can free up some space but currently stuck with just stick and throttle. 

Or do you lot just use keyboard for the pitch etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Saitek-Flight-Throttle-Quadrant/dp/B01MG4DCMD/ref=asc_df_B01MG4DCMD/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310568533429&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6359720442777822506&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007203&hvtargid=pla-627645572077&psc=1&th=1&psc=1 

Kind regards

Dave

You can connect several USB devices. I'm not exactly sure how many. 

But I'm using a stick. A throttle quadrant and rudder pedals. All working fine. I even used a xbox360 controller mixed with the rest a while back. No isssues at all.

Dave, yes you can use it with other joystick in IL2.

Here is my configuration :

- Force Feedback 2 as joystick

- Throttle Warthog for throttle, mixture, pitch and button.

- Saitek/logitech quadrant (the one you show) for radiator : water, oil, cowl

- Rudder MFG

- CH product MFC for button (not used as directx button).

- VR insight MS pannel for button and rotary and slider.

Edited by Habu

39 minutes ago, Habu said:

Dave, yes you can use it with other joystick in IL2.

Here is my configuration :

- Force Feedback 2 as joystick

- Throttle Warthog for throttle, mixture, pitch and button.

- Saitek/logitech quadrant (the one you show) for radiator : water, oil, cowl

- Rudder MFG

- CH product MFC for button (not used as directx button).

- VR insight MS pannel for button and rotary and slider.

Thank you. May invest in one of those. i have a Hotas one from thrust master so my stick and throttle are kinda connected as 1 system hence why i asked.

Also you said you use the quadrant for radiator, water, oil cowls are they progressive or on/off

Edited by DaveG1999

It depends of the plane. On IL2, if the radiator of the real plane is on an axe, you can bind it on axe and have a progressive effect, but if it's on some buttons, you can't use axis. The way it works depends of the real plane.

For the quadrant, i bind the axis for axis and the button below for the button radiator, except for teh cowl where i put axis on Inner, and button for outer cowl.

For exemple :

- the water radiator of te BF 110 can be controled only by button, but it has 4 positions if i remember. So you have to use a button and not an axe to control it

7 minutes ago, Habu said:

It depends of the plane. On IL2, if the radiator of the real plane is on an axe, you can bind it on axe and have a progressive effect, but if it's on some buttons, you can't use axis. The way it works depends of the real plane.

For the quadrant, i bind the axis for axis and the button below for the button radiator, except for teh cowl where i put axis on Inner, and button for outer cowl.

For exemple :

- the water radiator of te BF 110 can be controled only by button, but it has 4 positions if i remember. So you have to use a button and not an axe to control it

ah ok then. my current hotas doesn't have a button or dial for pitch, mixture and rpm, so i thought it'd use the quadrant for them.

When i wrotte 4 positions, it's 4 push on a button, not a dial with 4 positions. Button under the axe of the quadrant have two positions. I use the upper position to open, and the down position to close.

3 hours ago, Habu said:

When i wrotte 4 positions, it's 4 push on a button, not a dial with 4 positions. Button under the axe of the quadrant have two positions. I use the upper position to open, and the down position to close.

ahh ok that makes more sense