ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 Alpha Gun Cam Action!

TFS 5.0 Alpha footage from the upcoming IL-2 Cliffs of Dover expansion, including the highly anticipated North African Theatre of operations.

Extensive damage modelling, fire and smoke special effects.

The damage modelling is currently being updated and further improved in the final release.

Aircraft will be more durable than shown in these images.

Video Credit: JorgeHFJ

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Looks amazing!

Jason, why oh why can’t we have this in Great Battles!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I read the DM was being changed. Glad to read that. The destruction of the 50 cal is (visually) disappointing. I have watched hundreds of gun camera films and seeing the tail separate from the fuselage is something I don't remember seeing (unless rammed). Also seeing wings fall off, again rare. Most were caused by an explosive detonation, not by bullet hits. I searched a lot of guncam for the following examples. Only one shows a wing ripping off and this was not at the root but further along.
Again I appreciate this is Alpha but it would be great to see rough edges to the breaks than straight breaks.

Edited by Mysticpuma

Even without the final changes that are to be made, this still looks amazingly cool!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Even better in my book is just how fast and frequent the updates are popping up... it certainly keeps me wanting more  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just so long as the damage model review for cannons doesn't completely remove the ability for chance hits by rifle-caliber bullets to do in critical systems... I'll be happy.

I mean - I'll be in a state of frustrated excitement over my inability to pre-order it or beta test - but I'll be happy. :)

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 7:54 PM, Mysticpuma said:

. I have watched hundreds of gun camera films and seeing the tail separate from the fuselage is something I don't remember seeing (unless rammed). Also seeing wings fall off, again rare. Most were caused by an explosive detonation, not by bullet hits.

Yes, rear fuselage, wings and even entire ailerons and rudder falling of in combat flight games is very gamey, but I guess a standard among most players.

CloD originally have good DM for some planes, e.g. Bf 110 but poor for others, e.g. Hurricane, CR-42, Do-17 rear fuselage surgical cut off.

DCS has been promising a new DM at years and nothing to see.

This Fw 190 loosing wing in gun-cam is their cannon ammo box exploding after being hit, probable by cannon. IL-2 Bo'X' now has a similar effect.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1