Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

Screenshots from the upcoming Night Bombing SFX Alpha video

Screenshots from the making of one of our upcoming Alpha videos (coming out in the next week) showcasing new SFX during a London Night Bombing mission.

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz, upcoming expansion, including the highly anticipated North African Theatre of operations.

Lets us know what you think.

Cheers,

Pattle

London Night Bombing He 111.png

London Night Bombing He 111 (2).png

London Night Bombing He 111 (4).png

London Night Bombing He 111 (3).png

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Never been a particular fan of night flying myself, however, those images do seem to capture that environment very well.:drinks:

Something I always found annoying was that night time had a strange banding like effect in most things I have played, admittedly this might be a issue with my particular rig rather than a problem sim wise but those images look good, night looks like what it should I guess although comparing then with today is difficult as the night sky is anything but dark now especially over cities.

Getting caught in those search lights all that way from home must have been terrifying, the whole detail of the He-III is readily apparent in the shots, every line and rivet, cannot wait for the damage shots at night.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope the city street/window lights will be back!

:salute:

skud

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

I hope the city street/window lights will be back!

skud

Given the UK blackout came into effect on the 1st of September 1939 I sincerely hope not.

Edited by No.54_Reddog
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No.54_Reddog said:

Given the UK blackout came into effect on the 1st of September 1939 I sincerely hope not.

Target area can be blacked out. The rest of the flight in friendly territory would be lit. It looked great when we had it.

skud

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Target area can be blacked out. The rest of the flight in friendly territory would be lit. It looked great when we had it.

skud

Blackout meant blackout in the UK after 1939. There was no gradual switching on / switching off of city lights as aircraft passed near. 🤨

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

skud

I've always thought a Spitfire would look sweet with a couple of Aim9's on the wing tips if we're talking about historically inaccurate aesthetics.

As I understand it, banding is a flat-panel display limitation. The same scene on a CRT would not have it (I still have an old 21-in CRT monitor kicking around). I assume some panel types deal with that better than others.

Oh, great night effect--much improved over original release.

Edited by buster_dee

I guess the HE-111s threw me off. I didn't consider UK friendly territory for 111s although a few were captured and test flown. You're absolutely right. Black out meant blackout sir!!

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

I guess the HE-111s threw me off. I didn't consider UK friendly territory for 111s

As you've surely now noticed the british lads here is of the firm believe all of france was also abiding No. 10 Downing Street requests.

Apparently early in the war compliance wasn't very good on the continent either.

201 Harold L. Smith, Britain in the Second World War: a Social History (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1996), p.2. 202 Calder, The People's War: Britain, 1939-1945, p.337. 

A pilot leaves England which is ‗blacked out‘ and his first impression is one of thankfulness for neutral countries. In reasonable weather conditions he sees Holland, a blaze of light, and later perhaps Denmark with a blacked out area between them. At first the blackout in Germany was not complete. Towns like Hamburg and Bremen could be identified by the fact that there were large lighted areas in the positions where the pilot expected to find these towns.203 

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD