jollyjack

Your Favorite FC Planes?

Poll: which FC planes do you like best?

F.i i like the Halberstadt 200hp, but it is kind of slow vs the Sopwith Dolphin, latter averages at 200 km/h on a level flight.

This Halberstadt takes ages if you want to get it at balloon heights. Isn't there a cheat so that it has more engine power possible LoL?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jollyjack said:

Poll: which FC planes do you like best?

F.i i like the Halberstadt 200hp, but it is kind of slow vs the Sopwith Dolphin, latter averages at 200 km/h on a level flight.

This Halberstadt takes ages if you want to get it at balloon heights. Isn't there a cheat so that it has more engine power possible LoL?

DmauWZe.gif

But seriously, my favourite plane is the 180hp Halberstadt.

It, um... it doesn't climb up to balloon height very quickly either.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J5_Hellbender-Sch27b said:

It, um... it doesn't climb up to balloon height very quickly either.

They winch it down anyway. What's the problem? They bring the balloon to you.

Edited by ZachariasX
  • Haha 5

I like the Pfalz.  It is really not a bad plane.  OK, not a great one, but not a bad one either.  And it looks so good.  Albatros is another looker that flies OK.  DVII is butt ugly but flies great, and those slab sides are great for painting stuff.  Halberstadt - what the hell is that guy behind me doing in MY plane?

On the allied side ... probably SPAD.  I absolutely hate the gun layout of the SE5a.  For some reason I am hopeless in a Dolphin.  Always seems sluggish when I try to maneuver it and not as fast as the SE5a or SPAD if I try to extend with it.  Not the Camel.  Brisfit - what the hell is that guy behind me doing in MY plane?  And the SPAD is IMHO thebest looking plane intheallied stable.  So ... SPAD.

Really prefer the German planes for looks and for flying and fighting characteristics.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I like the Dolphin. So much dakkadakka that you can put on. And it's just a great feeling shooting down D.VII's. Especially when you trap him on the deck. Great view also. And then of course the Camel. Nothing nicer to ride for entering a 20+ planes furball over mud river.

Can't see anything from the SPAD and the SE5a's wings historically went in a different direction than I went. Now, that's much better but still... not over it.

As for Central, yeah, the Pfalz. It is slow... BUT. If you have plenty air underneath you, you turn with anything. Wings stay on. Always.

Albatros.. less so. It's like choosing the Pfalz without being man enough to do so. The Tripe is not a favorite of mine. I don't mind it being slow. But I'm used to doing things the Camel way, and the Tripe requires different cooridination and excells in different situations doing the same as the Camel. I don't like the D.VII. You think you have this great aircraft and then you find out its not. The D.VII(F).. I don't like it because it feels like cheating. Until I get shot in the back by some marauding SPADS that I never saw.

Pfalz it is.

Just smuggled a wee bit: Bristol FB2 in RoF; a good one there ... the shooter does it from the hip:

RoF Bristol2B.jpg

I too like the Pfalz and overall it is my favourite aircraft in FC. I look forward to hopefully seeing the Pfalz DXII at some stage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zeppelin L30

She is bigger.

She is badder.

She drops a load like my uncles favorite cow.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Always has been and probably always will be the Alb. Even as a kid I just liked that plane.  Unfortunately, it's just this side of useless in FC, but at least they gave us parachutes.

Edited by J5_Gamecock

D7F but I feel so Dirty flying it so .......................Bristol it is. This one would be fun!

Tarrant_Tabor_1.jpg

My favorite is the DVa (not something you would patrol in alone (at least not me)). Second to that is the Phaltz. When I fly the D7, I prefer the F.

Allied side I prefer the Camel and not a fan of the others. Hat is off for the 3rd and their use of the spad.

• Like 1

I prefer the Camel the most.  Despite the illogical spin recovery behavior that was ported over from RoF.  

The Albatros DV is the Central favourite.  More for its ubiquity than ability.  

I love the Se5a. No, you won't dissuade me. It has been an enduring love since I first saw photographs of her as a wee lad in some old book my dad had. I liked the Nieuport Bebe and 17 too. Maybe I just like overwing guns. Is that a sexual thing? However, that's irrelevant, off topic and inappropriate here. Anyway, she's a racy, powerful, clean lined thoroughbred with that cute and practical blunt nose. Good performance, easy to fly and excellent all round vision. Better a clean cowling and efficient radiator than those hun in-line types with bits of engine sticking out like dog's balls restricting vision and counteracting any drag reduction they may have achieved otherwise. It's like "Hey, let's build a sleek, aerodynamic airframe and plonk an ill fitting engine into it." Scheiße, es sieht aus wie Hundekugeln they'd say. "Never mind there's a war on. Run with it."

No, the Se5a keeps the crown jewels neatly in place. Edwardian restraint.

SPAD XIII  is by far my favourite plane, that was already the case in ROF. S.E.5a and Dolphin come second close. On the Central side I really enjoy the Pfalz DIIIa.

I'd like to love the Camel and Dr.I, but I'm really terrible at flying them...

Take a close look at my avatar...that will tell you which one is my favorite WWI cate ;)

Haash

• Upvote 1

On the Allied side, I would say the SPAD with the SE5 a close second.

German, I would say DR1, not the best performer, but love its quirks and it is a blast to fly.

2 hours ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Take a close look at my avatar...that will tell you which one is my favorite WWI cate ;)

Haash

What?... we have an aeroplane called the weasel?

47 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

What?... we have an aeroplane called the weasel?

You should really really make a visit to the ophthalmologist is you think that it is a weasel....

Haash

I see a white big eyed squirrel holding something in front paws, in front of bit, crowned yellow rectangle ;) ... Is that a trick question?

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

Awww comon it looks more like a Camel or something like it.

6 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

My favourite seen pictured here.

20191118_091858.jpg

Great shot of a DVIIF

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

Great shot of a DVIIF

Lol... Now I get it 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

I see a white big eyed squirrel holding something in front paws, in front of bit, crowned yellow rectangle ;) ... Is that a trick question?

God, you guys need a visit to the doctor ;)

Haash

9 hours ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Haash

Huh and here I thought that was prince Charles. 

Mine's the Pfalz D.IIIa. I love its sharklike fuselage! Speed and climb rate leave something to be desired, but it is a flying tank of a plane. It can take a lot of punishment and still remain viable. Its handling characteristics are very straightforward and you can get very good accuracy from the guns by just using the radiator cap on the front of the engine as a gunsight. 

Allied, I'd have to say either the SPAD XIII or the Sopwith Camel. If I'm in a hunter/killer boom n' zoom mood, I'd go with the SPAD. More than any other Allied plane, I'd say that one will bring you home alive. I love its sheer speed and how you can dive away from almost anything if you have enough altitude. It's visibility is fairly confining though and getting a gun solution on a bandit is much more difficult than in a turnfighter. You have to make every bullet count. Also, although its climb is spectacular compared to most German scouts, the D.VIIF can outclimb it and gets progressively nastier to face at higher altitudes. 

The Camel is a hoot to fly. It's got excellent energy retention, can turn on a dime, and can get a guns solution on anything...provided you don't black out or spin out due to the gyro effect. When its flowing your way, you are practically unbeatable in a turnfight. One screw up will send you down like a lawn dart however. All it takes is a little hamfisted handling and it'll snap into a spinning stall. Or just one turn a little too tight, and you'll totally black out...leaving you a sitting duck for your relieved German adversary. 

15 hours ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

You should really really make a visit to the ophthalmologist is you think that it is a weasel....

Haash

No I've got it!  I've looked at it quite closely.  I think it's like an angry bulldog or something. 

59262332_photo-381.gif.7a007c14da1dcdea95f1062eaf28b00b.gif

21 hours ago, SYN_Skydance said:

Everyone knows Haash’s favourite plane is the Sopwith Llama

You sure its not a Sopwith Alpaca?

• Haha 1

My favourites are the Fokker D.VII, Bristol F.2B, and the S.E.5a. Really love flying those although nearly all of them are very interesting to fly.

Many wrote that they like the dolphin and Pfalz .. Apparently they love these planes so much that they leave them in hangars, preferring to put the less beloved camel,  D7f and Dr1 under the bullets.

• Haha 1

For me, I love the Alby. She may be slow and outclassed by 1918 opponents, but she’s just so pretty and comfortable to fly. On the other side, the Camel is my favorite, even though she makes you pay for every little mistake.