Sign in to follow this  
Ogman

MG guns in FW190 - how to reload?

Hello everyone

Hope someone can help. Tried to fly a FW190 A today. Two set of guns: MG 151 & MG131 (I think). I set up buttons for weapons system 1 and 2 and fire all guns but...

- the 131 would not fire at all

- the 151 stopped after a couple of hundred of rounds and the trigger went click click click (sounds like a reload is needed)...but the reload buttons dont work!

HELP:)

• Haha 1

the only plane with the reload function is the BF110 with the 37mm, make sure that the fire trigger is not bound to any other function, also if your joystick have MODEs check that the trigger and make sure it is not affected by it

hmm...ok thanks, I'll see if I can figure that out

10 hours ago, G_Schwarz said:

the only plane with the reload function is the BF110 with the 37mm, make sure that the fire trigger is not bound to any other function, also if your joystick have MODEs check that the trigger and make sure it is not affected by it

You also need to reload the drums for the 20mm cannons in the 110-e2.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, OpticFlow said:

You also need to reload the drums for the 20mm cannons in the 110-e2.

Do you need to switch to the rear gunner's seat to do that (it's the rear gunner who actually loads the drums) or can you do it from the front gunner's seat? Also, I'm guessing if the rear gunner dies then you can't reload the 20mm?

9 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

Do you need to switch to the rear gunner's seat to do that (it's the rear gunner who actually loads the drums) or can you do it from the front gunner's seat? Also, I'm guessing if the rear gunner dies then you can't reload the 20mm?

From the front seat. No idea what happens if gunner is dead.

5 hours ago, OpticFlow said:
15 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

From the front seat. No idea what happens if gunner is dead.

To me it hapened one time, that my gunner reloaded the 20mm after he was killed. But I don't know, if this works every time. In fact, he shouldn't even reload, while he is shooting with his rear machine gun.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, Ogman said:

Hello everyone

Hope someone can help. Tried to fly a FW190 A today. Two set of guns: MG 151 & MG131 (I think). I set up buttons for weapons system 1 and 2 and fire all guns but...

- the 131 would not fire at all

- the 151 stopped after a couple of hundred of rounds and the trigger went click click click (sounds like a reload is needed)...but the reload buttons dont work!

HELP:)

could be a bug, we have many of they here, try to respaw again and will be fixed.

16 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

the 151 stopped after a couple of hundred of rounds and the trigger went click click click (sounds like a reload is needed)...but the reload buttons dont work!

The MG151/20 should stop after a couple of hundred rounds. It is a fighter aircraft, not a battle ship. 250 rounds for the wing root guns. This is plenty of ammo.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

The MG151/20 should stop after a couple of hundred rounds. It is a fighter aircraft, not a battle ship. 250 rounds for the wing root guns. This is plenty of ammo.

hahaha yes must be that, i did don´t read when he wrote that shoot a couple of hundred rounds, but is true about a famous bug of empty ammo. 

On 1/9/2020 at 8:26 AM, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

but is true about a famous bug of empty ammo. 

It was proven to never have been a bug but rather a problem with the way the mission was saved / edited.