Han

Game version 4.003 discussion: Improvements and Fixes.

Just now, Han said:

Dear friends,

We have decided to release a bugfix update to prepare for the coming winter holidays - it doesn't bring new content, but its fixes are important enough. The most of them are AI improvements - we have spent a lot of time this month to improve dogfighting algorithms and we'll continue to improve AI further. There are also important fixes for the player controlled ground vehicles and our friend =Luke FF= worked on improving the Career mode. The full list of changes is following:

News on 4.003 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 11

First:gamer:

Nice update. Hope that RRR is working well now.

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

This is not a complaint, but I wish you would set it up so that you can have a default set up skins and modification per aircraft. It is kind of a pain having to reset my skin and weapons modifications each and every time start a new game in quick missions. 

Apart from that; thanks a bunch for the early Christmas gift 😊

• Upvote 8

Fixed excess clicks of triggers in the cockpit for missing weapon groups

Awwwww i liked that bug, the clicking of the missing weapons sounded nice.

but on a serious note:

We have decided to release a bugfix update to prepare for the coming winter holidays - it doesn't bring new content, but its fixes are important enough. The most of them are AI improvements - we have spent a lot of time this month to improve dogfighting algorithms and we'll continue to improve AI further. 

Thank you very much Han, this is a fantastic early Christmas present. I hope that this release means that all your staff are safe from the need to work over the holidays. 

Non-steam version keeps failing to update, even when the "update" folder is removed.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

It's great that you guys constantly fix and upgrade yours product, but is sad that there weren't  time left  for  orphan FC Vol-1, not even one bug fix  from many still present in the final product. Some are very serious for proper gameplay like broken AA. Tell me if I'm wrong and this all on third party shoulders.

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Non-steam version keeps failing to update, even when the "update" folder is removed.

Please send me data\update.log file in PM.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff! 👍 - thank you. Always terrific to get in further improvements and refinements to the sim, much appreciated. Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful winter holiday. 🎄

It is nice to see how you work on AI improvements.

I hope friendly AI cooperationj with player will improve too

Edited by jeanba

1 hour ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Really hoping for some MP stuttering fixes. Not in the patch notes though? 

At this point I would just like to see an acknowledgement if the issue has been reproduced by the devs, or if they need more feedback, etc to identify the issue. I realize its a difficult thing to nail down because of its randomness  but across several threads there have been many possible avenues of inquiry presented and it would be nice to know if they have made any progress. Otherwise we are just throwing videos, tracks and setting experimentation in to the void.

Anyway, always happy to see AI improvements, even if I mostly play online these days - its good for the sim overall. Hope everyone has a good holiday!

Thanks for the update guys... Great work. I really appreciate the AI and train fixes. I was just having some issues with AI crashing into terrain while attacking a train with lights on in steep terrain. I'll test that tonight.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

32. German fighter and attack pilots will now fly an airfield attack strafing mission on January 1, 1945, in career mode;

Bodenplatte, I guess?

Woah wow.

18 minutes ago, 4thFG_Cpt_D_S_Gentile said:

Stutters not fixed but worse.

Restart PC after update, could be help

2 hours ago, Han said:

We have decided to release a bugfix update to prepare for the coming winter holidays - it doesn't bring new content, but its fixes are important enough.

Excellent decision.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see the fixes.

I believe there is also still the issue with the U-2/Po-2 and FC aircraft having to use time delayed fuses in order to get bombs to detonate reliably.

P.S. It would be nice if career mode had an option for starting closer to the target area (allowing 10-15 minute missions for those of us who are busy).

Thanks!

Guys thank you for a memorable 2019.  The update is much appreciated. Blessed christmas and new year to the team and my fellow simmers. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, J2_Jakob said:

Nothing in for the FC? Guess I'll check next year... 😒

next year is 2 weeks away, calm down.

Just now, flyingfisch said:

next year is 2 weeks away, calm down.

Thanks. Much better now.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J5_Hellbender-Sch27b said:

Are you still planning to do fixes for Flying Circus?

What "fixes" are you referring to?

Jason

Eggs celent news wrt AI, especially the end of those never ending circular fights.