Sign in to follow this  
=[TIA]=Stoopy

Another Suggestion for the devs to bring more revenue to the team

I've been wanting to suggest this awesomely nutbag loopy idea and now seems a good time to pair it alongside Sybreed's suggestion without taking his post OT:

Suggestion:

In the same vein as how some sports events play a short "theme song" sound byte when a sports player makes an entrance or comes up to bat (as in Baseball), charge a nominal monthly fee for Multiplayer participants to have a a small sound byte theme song played when they enter a multiplayer server.   Keep it reasonably short like 15 seconds or so.   Sound samples could be submitted for review to ensure they meet community standards (no profanity etc).  Those sound files could be part of a regular distribution update.

Benefit:

Rake in some extra cabbage by catering to the player's egos, baby!   Folks on a server would be given ample warning when the more notorious members join (y'all know who you are!) and it's a cool way to customize the user experience. 

For $10 a month I'll sign up right now if you can assign the first 15 seconds of the theme from "The Virginian" to my account...

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

Ya'know....(sigh)....  I really, really thought that some of you would have seen the humor in this and would have run with it in regards to your own theme song intro as well as what could be used for some of the more well-known players.  While I'm not disappointed in the community here, I do hope that some of y'all get out and have a much-needed laugh soon.  ;)

F'rinstance: Scharfi could have a few measures of Rammstein (or whatever German metal stuff she's into) as an intro.  I-Fly-Central could have something classy/classical.  Der Sherrif could use the well-known intro from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".     :dance:

I guess I'll stick with playing my banjo during the mission download splash screens until such time as this idea ever takes off... :P

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy