Sign in to follow this  
Sybreed

A Suggestion for the devs to bring more revenue to the team

Last year, I played a small indie game called "Battle brothers", and while it's completely different from IL-2, the devs (a small team of 4-5 guys I believe) realized they had kind of a cult following going and while they wanted to improve the game, they were aware money was needed.

So, they released a small DLC called "Support the devs DLC", which basically cost 10$ and gave you a small cosmetic item. That DLC was just to give the devs some money as a way to support further development of the game. The devs were very honest about it and said "we know it's not worth 10$, but if you want to support us in some way, buying this will help".

For IL-2, something similar could be done easily. Have your artists work on a small "skin package" for various aircraft and sell it for a set price! Nothing too expensive, but something that will help you hire people and work on the game! Being honest about it is also important. I felt more inclined to give the Battle Brothers devs my money when they acknowledged the DLC wasn't worth the asked price and that it was to simply help them financially. In the end, they kept on working on the game and we had ton of more content!

Anyway, it might be a crazy idea, but, simmers are people who already spent hundreds on IL-2, DCS, joysticks and HOTAS kits. A little 10$ to support a smaller team like you guys is nothing and we'd be glad to back you up some more. At least, I'm speaking for myself xD.

3 minutes ago, theOden said:

They just did.

Go look for "Normandy".

I meant for a smaller DLC that can be released on a bi-annual basis. (something like that)

Edited by Sybreed

They already did that with "mods" in RoF.  I'm sure they're aware that they could do the same sort of thing in this game.

I see what your saying. This is actually the first sim that I actually pay for preorders because I know it helps the developers. I’m new to il2 as of the beginning of September and I don’t see myself dropping this sim. It’s beautiful, challenging and fun. I actually liked what they did with the Normandy pack, I just wish the b26,b25 and the c47 was flyable. 

Battle of Stalingrad once had cosmetic unlocks and bonuses that were controversial. These have been phased out.

There are many other things that you can do to support the project, like buying titles that don't particularly interest you or gifting collector planes to people on the forum.

Or if you have the disposable income, buying an extra copy of one of the main releases when it goes on sale super cheap and gifting it to somebody who doesn't have any at all (a potential  spark of interest) - that way you are giving the developers extra money and also potentially adding a new future consumer for their products too (a double win).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

I meant for a smaller DLC that can be released on a bi-annual basis. (something like that)

The Collector Planes they are selling outside of the "Battle of" titles are a bit like that. They are added aircraft that the development team work on in between titles where they have room in the schedule to and they effectively allow us to help support them between titles. Right now there are three... the Hurricane II, Yak-9 and Yak-9T all just up on pre-order sale.

Buy a copy of BoS in a sale and gift it to someone who is deserving /on the fence

Revenue for the team if you feel it warrated, and introduces a new player and possible revenue stream

*edit*

Missed the same reply above, doh! 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Edited by Dakpilot

40 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

Or if you have the disposable income, buying an extra copy of one of the main releases when it goes on sale super cheap and gifting it to somebody who doesn't have any at all (a potential  spark of interest) - that way you are giving the developers extra money and also potentially adding a new future consumer for their products too (a double win).

This. Far more constructive than just handing over cash for trivia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

As others said best way is to expand playerbase by gifting copy of the game.

If you don't know anyone interested in flight simms you can create giveaway thread in this forum or even better on some other game forum for a game similar to this (flight simms, space simms...etc).

3 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

This. It is the best way to do it. I did it in the past and will do it in the future AND you get points for good karma from it also. 😊

• Haha 1