Sign in to follow this  
II/JG17_HerrMurf

Recommended Reading List

I think the forum could use another header; Recommended Reading List or Moderator's Recommended Reading List.

I see it as a mod's reading list, probably locked, and stocked with content selected by the mods, not users. There are a LOT of extraneous, wandering and overlapping threads in the forums and no one has time to read them all. The threads are growing every day too.

It's not quite a FAQ but similar. The items would be the best of the best threads regardless of topic. Maybe some sub-topics would be - Development (of the sim), Aircraft Performance, and whatever else seems appropriate. I think it would complement the FAQ and Developer Diary quite nicely.

The header would not replace any current topics but could pull some of the good stuff out of the weeds, as it were.

Sorry to the mod's if it is approved and I just made some more work for you :)

PS: When I say locked I mean in this header only (probably review and update it monthly to include content or limit it if the topic went significantly off course in the main forum. Don't want to stifle any users in the broader forum.

• Upvote 1

Between Stickies, Dev Update, and the "What We Know So Far," thread it's pretty much all there.

Just trying to find a repository, with any additional good info type threads, we can point new users to and say - READ THIS FIRST.

But maybe without the all caps. I'm an 'A' type personality so when I see all caps or particular individuals with a rough/abrasive style it doesn't phase me. Others take it very personally and the information sharing devolves into a personal affront which is further distracting and often leads to locked threads. I think a single source library for newbies could at least minimize some of the repetition and antics that occasionally occur here.