Sign in to follow this  
ACG_Smokejumper

Force Feedback and 109 cannons

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask if the bug that causes FFB to kick really hard has been found. Didn't want to hijack an update thread. I had a sortie today and forgot how pronounced the kick is.

Updates are great. Nice work. Thanks!

Force Feedback on cannons is subject to revision... will likely be different for TF 5.0.

There should be some effects from firing these weapons...  they did generate a lot of energy.

The force feedback effects can be tuned via the .ffe files you can find in the following folder:

"..\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\FF"

- autocannon.ffe : cannon effects
- bomb.ffe : bomb drop effects
- machinegun.ffe : machinegun effects
- mortar.ffe :
- punch.ffe : taxing effects
- shake.ffe :  turbulence effects (stalls, flaps and landing gear).
- spring.ffe : stiffness vs air speed

The software  Fedit allow to edit those files and change few parameters (amplitude, frequency, etc...)

fedit10.jpg

For my part, I particularly change the effects of weapons and that of turbulence, I greatly reduced the effect of guns (I found the effect too strong for the 109 E3/4) . Here is : my files i use with a MS FFB2

Caution: When performing a "cache integrity check" in Steam, the modified .ffe files are replaced with the default .ffe files.
Do not forget to save your .ffe files if you care about your settings.

Edited by OBT-Mikmak

20 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Force Feedback on cannons is subject to revision... will likely be different for TF 5.0.

There should be some effects from firing these weapons...  they did generate a lot of energy.

%100 agree.

I love the FF in Cliffs of Dover. I get more information transmitted with obvious stiffening of controls with speed and vice versa. The 109 cannons though kick like nothing else in any game.

From memory I believe the 109 effect is bugged. It is shake.ffe or punch instead of autocannon.ffe

It's an old bug that I hope TF can fix when they are able.

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper