BlueHeron

Rudder trim not working in Spitfire V

I've tried assigning either joystick buttons or keyboard keys to Trim Rudder Left and Trim Rudder Right functions, but it seems to have no effect.  The rudder trim knob to the left of the seat does not move.  I can't say for sure, but I think this was working normally in V3.201.

Mine works assigned to an axis - it is a separate line in the key bindings.  It also works if you use the default key bindings LCtl-Z and LCtl-X IIRC.

Assigning to something else: perhaps you have a conflict on those keys? 

I have the same issue with the 110. Not only the rudder trim, but elevator trim, too, doesn't work anymore with keys, only with axis. This is since the possibility to set trim to axis was implemented in the update to version 3.201. I didn't try aileron trim yet. Btw the default keys for trim settings don't work either.

Which is strange, since 109 elevator trim still works with buttons, at least throttle buttons which is where I have mine set.

I do think this is an area the team has got wrong: what we have now is a mess. The fact is that our controls are not aircraft controls but PC controls: I see no reason why I should have to remember to push a button for plane X and turn an axis for plane Y, when what I am really doing is telling my pilot avatar to change the trim. He knows how. ;) We only have so many buttons and in particular so many axes. 

Mine also works with an axis, but not buttons.  I've now noticed the same with elevator trim;  when I removed the axis mapping and set up and down trim to joystick buttons it stopped working.   :(

Just figured it out.  I need to map the trim up/down buttons to the trim axis entry, not individually to the trim up and trim down entries as one would expect.  If this is the case they should just get rid of the separate trim up/down/left/right entries in the key assignments.  At least I'm back in business!