Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

Raid on Tobruk - TFS 5.0

Recommended Posts

Team Fusion Simulations first full battle footage from our upcoming North African Campaign.

 

Shown from the viewpoints of the Luftwaffe, RAF, ground and sea units.

 

Dive bombing,  ground attacks, air to air combat, in a packed showcase of TFS 5.0.

 

Improvements in upcoming updates:

 

Damage modelling is undergoing a wholesale revision, which will see aircraft being tougher than seen in this video.

 

 

Appreciate your comment, like and share on our YouTube page. 

 

And comments and likes here of course :)

 

 

Cheers,

 

Pattle

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They sure do, but if caught, they are in real trouble. I flew a lot of the aircraft shown, and when I was in that Hurricane that was torn apart in the vertical climb, it was like getting hit with multiple sledghammers!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

They sure do, but if caught, they are in real trouble. I flew a lot of the aircraft shown, and when I was in that Hurricane that was torn apart in the vertical climb, it was like getting hit with multiple sledghammers!

I guess we need to plan really well to deploy that rusty workhorse. Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really superb so far, great work guys.:drinks:

 

The sinking ships look particularly good, is that fuel/oil floating and burning on the water around them?

 

It was hard to see from the brief shot but if so it is details like that which add considerably to the immersion of the sim, as does the damage model.;)

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice. The optical damage modell and the ground fire & Smoke effects are still miles ahead compared to what we have in Il-2 BoX.

 

Dont know if it´s me, but I have noticed a better overall anti aliasing? Is this true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic video, like watching a movie. That damage model though!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really good so far people.  :good:

 

Are you going to model any allied AA other than use AAMG or captured ?  Something like the Vickers 3.7in Mk 1 or the 40mm Bofors. It's just that we see the 2cm Flak 30 being used.

 

I understand that there is a timeline, priorities, limited pers and a budget.

 

Other than that well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

Thoughts on the ending?

Anti Aliasing most definately being improved 👍

Pattle it looks like the ending is rather like some sort of cliff hanger with those Spitfires trying to catch the rest of the Stukas. If the F-4s put the throttle to the wall there's no way they'll catch them but scooting off is being a shameful coward 🤔

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Looking really good so far people.  :good:

 

Are you going to model any allied AA other than use AAMG or captured ?  Something like the Vickers 3.7in Mk 1 or the 40mm Bofors. It's just that we see the 2cm Flak 30 being used.

 

I understand that there is a timeline, priorities, limited pers and a budget.

 

Other than that well done.

Not sure I understand your question Furphy?

 

The original game already has the British 3 inch, 3.7 inch and Bofors... and we will be including them in TF 5.0 in desert colours.

 

A mission builder can select whatever weapon they want and create it in whatever nationality they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Not sure I understand your question Furphy?

 

The original game already has the British 3 inch, 3.7 inch and Bofors... and we will be including them in TF 5.0 in desert colours.

 

A mission builder can select whatever weapon they want and create it in whatever nationality they want.

 

Sorry Buzz, I didn't looked before I leapt, and I forgot to edit my comments.

Yes you are 100% correct.

 

What I meant was and it's probably just the editing, for intent of making the vid, is that we see a 20mm Flak 30 in the vid and I wondered why wasn't a British 3 inch, 3.7 inch or a Bofors used instead.

 

Anyway, it's trivial,  sorry for making a mountain out of a molehill. :blush: 

Edited by FurphyForum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pattle, I mentioned over on ATAG the awful sky banding in Clod but it hasn't generated a reply so maybe the official 1C forum is the place to ask? 

With the new weather engine, will the sky box also be replaced and as such will the sky banding be significantly reduced? 

 

Second question regarding the video. 

There are a lot of wings that come off and I see also aircraft still snap in half. 

Visually is there any way to make the dame look more real with frayed broken edges/ripped/torn effects rather than the near perfect straight line cut/snap shown? The visual damage model in Clod has always been exceptional but that 'snap' always looks so perfect when you consider the wing/body has been torn, ripped, exploded away? 

 

Enjoyed the content of the video and appreciate much is still alpha content such as the shader issues, buildings popping into view, ships vanishing and reappearing plus other bugs, but it was a lot of content so thanks for your effort. 

 

Now, any news on the awful sky banding and how the new weather engine may possibly fix it? 

 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Hi Pattle, I mentioned over on ATAG the awful sky banding in Clod but it hasn't generated a reply so maybe the official 1C forum is the place to ask? 

With the new weather engine, will the sky box also be replaced and as such will the sky banding be significantly reduced? 

 

Second question regarding the video. 

There are a lot of wings that come off and I see also aircraft still snap in half. 

Visually is there any way to make the dame look more real with frayed broken edges/ripped/torn effects rather than the near perfect straight line cut/snap shown? The visual damage model in Clod has always been exceptional but that 'snap' always looks so perfect when you consider the wing/body has been torn, ripped, exploded away? 

 

Enjoyed the content of the video and appreciate much is still alpha content such as the shader issues, buildings popping into view, ships vanishing and reappearing plus other bugs, but it was a lot of content so thanks for your effort. 

 

Now, any news on the awful sky banding and how the new weather engine may possibly fix it? 

 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

1)  Yes, we are making changes to the sky.

 

2)  CoD's damage modeling is among the best in Simulations... if not the best.  But it is not perfect and we are continuing to refine it.

 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:12 PM, FurphyForum said:

 

Sorry Buzz, I didn't looked before I leapt, and I forgot to edit my comments.

Yes you are 100% correct.

 

What I meant was and it's probably just the editing, for intent of making the vid, is that we see a 20mm Flak 30 in the vid and I wondered why wasn't a British 3 inch, 3.7 inch or a Bofors used instead.

 

Anyway, it's trivial,  sorry for making a mountain out of a molehill. :blush: 

Our PR guy decided to use German 20mm... not sure why, however, anyone else who might build a mission can pick the historically accurate type of AAA instead.  ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Our PR guy decided to use German 20mm... not sure why, however, anyone else who might build a mission can pick the historically accurate type of AAA instead.  ;)

All good Buzz,

 

I will sort the the PR guy out... 🤪

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to comment and respond to the quality of previews that have been put out since Pattle took over. This is what you should have been doing since forever, I am quite looking forward to TF5 and Tobruk now - despite previous concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FurphyForum said:

Opppps , Sorry Pattle, wasn't my intent to get you in the shite.

All good mate.  Us Aussies have to look after each other 😉

 

Good pick up though. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leifr said:

I would like to comment and respond to the quality of previews that have been put out since Pattle took over. 

giphy.gif

 

giphy.gif

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Mysticpuma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...