Sign in to follow this  
Nic727

How does kill share work?

Hi,

I’m playing scripted campaign right now and I don’t understand why I have the kill when I’m not the one shooting down the enemy aircraft. I did like 40% damages on one aircraft and didn’t have ammo left. My allies shot down the plane and I got the kill.

Is it normal?

Thx

I don't think anybody is really sure.  In single player, it might be that you hit them first.  It might also be that even though the % damage done by you're allies was enough to send the plane down it still wasn't more than the % damage you dealt first.  For example, shooting both elevators off of the tail of an enemy is a guaranteed kill but, it's probably not counted %-wise for damage more than 15-20%.  Therefor, at 40% damage, it was you who put the worst of the beating on him. You just didn't hit anything that was guaranteed to send the enemy plane out of control.  

Its hard to tell. You probably did critical damage and someone just finished them off, so you get the credit.

I think pilot kill is a key part. A short burst of cannon to the pilots head could cause minimal damage to the airframe and its not obvious the kill is done