Cptn_Goodvibes

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Card

G'day,

Just a quick question from someone who religiously last used flight sims such as IL2 1946 and Rise of Flight, about five years ago. Am starting to get back into flight sims and over the weekend, tried to get IL2 BOS working with my HTC Vive VR device. The VR device works with other programs and IL2 BOS loads okay in the normal mode, but when I run both, as per instructions, the loading of the game in VR mode just hangs with the loading message. Even waiting for hours, the progression (thin red line at bottom of page) is stalled. I believe I'm following the instructions correctly and ticking the right boxes, but still no joy. Yes, the Steam VR program that activates with HTC Vive is there on my machine. Unfortunately, using an old Track IR with a 14" laptop monitor is not a desirable option for me these days. 

So before, I give up and move onto something else or seek refund from Steam, I'd just like to confirm whether my ASUS laptop computer's (brand new) graphic card GTX 1650 (is supported and if the fact that my copy of IL2 BOS was purchased a number years before my recent copies of BOM & BOK has any bearing on the reason why I can't get it to load in VR mode? Thanks for any thoughts or feedback.

Regards,

Vibes

hello, at first check the cache of BOS in steam, (right click on the game, then property, then local file, and in the window that opens, click on "veridify the integrity of the game files, wait that the operation is finished, it can be long)
if files are missing, steam will update BOS or repair those that may be damaged
try again to launch BOS in VR mode

Thanks laurentresende,

Problem resolved. It was the priority of Nvidea graphics card settings on my laptop. Changed it from auto select to the high end GTX 1650 card. I gather that auto select was choosing both the GTX 1650 and the integrated card, which was giving me issues.

Thanks and regards,

Vibes