Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Would someone create a JGSME idiots guide to install it and mods please?

Thanks for reading and any help. 

So I read a lot of games use JGSME to install mods but so far I have not cracked the magic formula. 

Would someone please create an idiots guide on how to install mods using it please. When I say idiots guide, I really do mean from downloading it, 8nstalling it, where folders should go, exactly where the mods should go, how they are activated, etc, etc. 

I know for those who use it they love the simplicity so if anyone can share the process it would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers, Mysticpuma 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bumping in the hope a kind soul will consider one :)

(and where is the latest version please. I can only find 2.60?)

Edited by Mysticpuma

I think the best way to manage any of the mods and future mods, is to use OvGME. This little auxiliary program is great for managing

mods in your original game without the risk of messing around with the original files and modded files. Here is my experience:

- I installed the OvGME in my tools directory which I created especially for all tools like ZIP, TrackIR, MSI Afterburner on my hard disk.

- I created a folder called MODS in the main game directory - here you unzip all your mods without any risk of a mess.

- I configured OvGME: 

InkedCapture1_LI.jpg.f2a5b2c96f0a47b6941300e6de727508.jpg 

* This is your config title or name, because with OvGME you can have different profiles (configs) for different games

1. This is the main path of your game

2. This is the path pointing to the MODS folder in your main game directory

3. This is your backup folder (optional) and I suggest to place it outside of your game directory

You see, it is quite strait-forward and we don't need a science degree. After your profile is done, you can copy / unpack your modded files/folder

in the MODS folder in your game directory without any risk.

When you launch OvGME before you start your game, you can activate / deactivate your mods with ease. You will break nothing this way. After

you selected your mods you can close the program. Don't forget to check the mods option in your game or your mods won't work - and yes, this

means after mods checked ON you'll need to restart the game.

But if you're a bit familiar with cfg-files you can also create a shortcut pointing to your startup.cfg in the data folder of your main game directory.

This way you can do your modifications (checking options) without the need to start, modify and then again restart your game. Look for the key

"MODES = 0" and change it to 1 - very simple.

Cheerio

OvGME.zip

• Upvote 1

In the zip that you get from the downlodad link there is a very complete pdf guide.

• Like 1