BiBa

MC 202 Tail & Propeller problem

1. When I press Shift_G to unlock the Tail/Wheel, the Landing Gear is instead activated. Why?

(How am I supposed to taxi if the tail is always locked?)

2. when I press Right-Shift_P, I see the propellers knob toggles to manual, but the propellers handle does not react to the hardware yoke quadrant. Why?

(It does work as propeller though with all other plane)

I do prefer to propel manually.

Thanks

Is anybody out there?

Not one single reply or solution tip?

Seems like this Forum turned into a graveyard....

R.I.P

On 11/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, BiBa said:

1. When I press Shift_G to unlock the Tail/Wheel, the Landing Gear is instead activated. Why?

(How am I supposed to taxi if the tail is always locked?)

They changed / added two new keys to release and raise the landing gear - before it was only a toggle key. So better

check your key mapping. There are other changes, but I don't know them all right now.

7 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

...added two new keys to release and raise the landing gear...but I don't know them all right now.

Finally, someone heard my howling... Thanks

A good thing to have two keys for the landing gear now.

I assume the changes will take place automatically in the next update. 

I presume Shift_G & Ctrl_G keys are now assigned for the Landing Gear...

...Remains the question what key is now assigned to unlock the Tail/Wheel?

I'll experiment a little with Alt_G or Win_G to check it out. 

What about why the propellers handle is not functioning as it's supposed to do like in other planes, even though pressing Right-Shift_P, do toggle the knob to manual!

Any idea?

2 hours ago, BiBa said:

What about why the propellers handle is not functioning as it's supposed to do like in other planes, even though pressing Right-Shift_P, do toggle the knob to manual!

Any idea?

The Macchi 202 had a DB engine, so if you switch to manual prop pitch, you have to assign two buttons for it, one to increase the pitch and one to lower it.

Default keys in the game are:

- RShft + Equals

- RShft + Minus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BiBa said:

Finally, someone heard my howling... Thanks

A good thing to have two keys for the landing gear now.

I assume the changes will take place automatically in the next update. 

I presume Shift_G & Ctrl_G keys are now assigned for the Landing Gear...

I'll experiment a little with Alt_G or Win_G to check it out. 

Any idea?

In the controls section there are three columns of controls so you can set them up for multiple inputs. Keys or buttons that have duplicate functions have two orange boxes to the right of the binding. If you hover over that box you'll get a pop-up telling you what the key or button is also bound to. I tend to group similar functions to one button, for example oil radiators have multiple entries depending on the plane but because I'm only flying on plane at a time I can bind all similar functions to one input. Same goes for elevator trim where there's a general setting for most aircraft and specific ones for the adjustable stabilizer on the Fw-190; again I bind them all to one button (the POV hat on my stick). 

4 hours ago, BiBa said:

Haven´t played in a while but why don´t you just check your control section in the game? oO

7 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

The Macchi 202 had a DB engine, so if you switch to manual prop pitch, you have to assign two buttons for it, one to increase the pitch and one to lower it.

Default keys in the game are:

- RShft + Equals

- RShft + Minus

My problem with the Tail Wheel was caused by my SAITEK x55 advanced command.

Due to a weird reason the SHIFT input wasn't recognized in IL, that's why the landing gear was activated instead.

Sorry for that - my bad... 

As to the DB-Prop, now I understand why no Input Device was assigned.

Never flew a plane with that system before.

Thanks a lot for the default keys info, it's working now fine.

Yet it remains a riddle how the pilot in real life can check the Prop status, since there is no gauge that shows the Prop angle's position/RPM! 

Edited by BiBa

17 hours ago, BiBa said:

Yet it remains a riddle how the pilot in real life can check the Prop status, since there is no gauge that shows the Prop angle's position/RPM! 

There is an RPM gauge, and that's what they would use to determine where to set the prop pitch at.  They might not have been able to tell what percentage of angle between maximum and minimum pitch, but that shouldn't really matter.

Maybe it's not the literal RPM of the prop itself, but you can see the engine's RPM, which is directly tied to it, and is what actually matters to the pilot.

• Upvote 1