Sign in to follow this  
WitchyWoman

Pilot photos...

I did search the forum and only found 1 thread about this thats over a year old. But has any progress been made in being able to make or use a custom pilot portrait for campaigns/ careers?

Its kind of ridiculous that rise Of flight allowed this sim does not? Why hasn't this been implemented and why isn't it easy to do if the cockpit photos are able to be modded? You would think this simple feature would be important to most players.

Edited by WitchyWoman

I would like also to have my career profile picture. I hope this opportunity will soon be available.

Ciao!

Marco

Its absolutely lame that this is the only series not to feature this. Plus why no female pilots? Its historically correct and many women became aces in the soviet union and many also became ground attack experts. Why would this sim leave that out?

3 hours ago, WitchyWoman said:

Its absolutely lame that this is the only series not to feature this. Plus why no female pilots? Its historically correct and many women became aces in the soviet union and many also became ground attack experts. Why would this sim leave that out?

limited budget and priorities :)

A more serious question would be: Why doesn't the singleplayer AI fly in pairs (Rotte, wingman)? Never had that in a IL-2 sim before.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:16 AM, WitchyWoman said:

Well, only two women (Lidya Litvyak and Yakaterina Budanova) became fighter aces. Most of the successful Soviet aviatrixes found their success in ground attack.

As for why women aren’t in the game; the developers know that they were there, they want to add them to the game, but they simply haven’t had the resources to create the female pilot models yet.

Id be happy with just some female pilot pictures and background info in the pilot selection as I don't loook at the actual pilot in the cockpit all that much. That should not be hard at all as a 3d model isn't needed. Its a shame we cant at least mod that. this sim is so limited and locked when compared to Il-2 1946 which has a lot of very well made user created planes and other content. I assume its why modding is so limited in this game.

Edited by WitchyWoman

The pilot 'portraits' are generated from multiple pieces in a rather complicated proprietary process. It's not as simple as adding a few additional photos.

Great Battles is in fact not nearly as "locked down" as 1946 because it actually has official support for loading mods. The community not taking advantage of that capability to its maximum extent is a different matter.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

Ty, I grabbed it and dropped the pictures I wanted into the approiate folder.

Edited by WitchyWoman