ATAG_Pattle

Team Fusion Simulations 5.0 Hawker Hurricane IIc/Trop

Team Fusion Simulations 5.0 Hawker Hurricane IIc/Trop

https://youtu.be/ToSdmTrKAO4

The aircraft's nose is lengthened by 3 inches to allow the two speed supercharged Merlin XX. But that was counterbalanced by addition of weight in the tail to keep the CoG correct.

There is more weight with the four Hispanos instead of the eight .303's, as well as the heavier ammo.

And there is more drag on the airframe with the protruding guns.

So this means the aircraft turns worse... but not worse than a 109.

Overall, the Hurricane II's at +12 boost had slightly worse low altitude performance when compared to a +12 boost Hurri I.... but quite a bit better high alt performance.

The best performing Hurri II was the IIA, with the same gunset as the Hurri I... it was not much heavier. It is arguably a better aircraft than the standard 109E's at high altitude.

Later models got quite a bit heavier, with the IID being the heaviest with the huge 40mm AT cannon.

1942 versions were upped to an allowable +16 boost, which helped low alt performance.

Tropical versions had less power due to the permanent airflow restriction of the Vokes air filter... the filter could not be moved out of place with a lever or switch to allow free airflow like the German/Italian/American aircraft. The Vokes fairing also added quite a bit of drag which slowed the aircraft.

The four Hispanos do the expected amount of damage... so similar to a Beaufighter, except the Beaufighter is not so sensitive to convergence because its weapons are in the nose instead of the wing.

But a Hurricane IIC which has a free run at a bomber will do some nasty damage.

Revised damage modelling still underway, bombers will be tougher in TF 5.0 than 4.5.

All elements WIP.

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Wot a great vid!:salute:    Let me help you Pattle.......

......ahhh...much better:)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I hope ground vehicles will also be harder to kill. So you can't just spray column and watch everything explode. Especially if it's armored car or things like sdkfz251, unless you hit engine or tracks (even with 20mm) i don't see why would it take much damage if it's mostly empty inside. It would give ground attackers more meaning since now you can do the same job with any fighter.

Utterly brilliant update, the video is amazing. The DM looks excellent, top work!

• Like 1

After flying & enjoying the Hurricane in CloD for years & always enjoying it ,I am really looking forward to this new iteration of the old bird.It will probably not be new news to most of readers of this post that finally the Hurricane (II I believe) is on the drawing board of Il-2 Great battles as well.It has taken them quite a bit of time to decide but it will be a good addition there as well esp for Battle of Moscow scenarios...

See this thread for further discussion: 

9 hours ago, InProgress said:

I hope ground vehicles will also be harder to kill. So you can't just spray column and watch everything explode. Especially if it's armored car or things like sdkfz251, unless you hit engine or tracks (even with 20mm) i don't see why would it take much damage if it's mostly empty inside. It would give ground attackers more meaning since now you can do the same job with any fighter.

Actually sdkfw 251 was only armoured against light machine gun bullets.... it could not protect against 20mm.  Truck and other unarmoured vehicles were basically completely vulnerable.

All the vehicles in CoD have an armour rating for front/sides/rear/top/turret/etc. 

That is based on the actual vehicles and their armour.

It is a simplified system, but representative of the real types.

For TF 5.0 we are making changes in the game to allow players to incorporate any types of vehicles in columns.

So now a player can add an Anti-Aircraft vehicle to provide some protection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Actually sdkfw 251 was only armoured against light machine gun bullets.... it could not protect against 20mm.  Truck and other unarmoured vehicles were basically completely vulnerable.

Actually that's what I meant :P I was referring to 303/7.9, they can easly make most vehicles and parked planes explode. I don't know how thick was 88 gun front shield but I could kill these when shooting at their front with spitfire.

For the sdkfz251, if you hit their back part from the side it should not do any damage except few holes. I know it's a fly sim and vehicles can't be super detailed. Mostly I wish for low caliber bullets not to do much damage. So you can't just take spitfire and destroy everything, for example parked ju88 with few bullets. They should be more like a sponge. This way you have to use something like hurricane with 20mm guns, bf110 etc, to attack ground targets and actually be effective. 303/7,9 should be really bad and require quite a lot of hits to destroy certain things.

Fantastic!

19 hours ago, keeno said:

The DM looks excellent, top work!

Yep. That is absolutely stunning.

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1

Really nice update.  I wish there was a way to combine the best of IL and Clod.  

That is looking very good. I don't know if it is the lighting or the shadows or the way the materials react to lighting but there is something about CloD that makes the planes look slightly more realistic than GB even though GB is now using 4096px textures. I also wish we could get that level of visual damage in GB one day.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Danziger said:

That is looking very good. I don't know if it is the lighting or the shadows or the way the materials react to lighting but there is something about CloD that makes the planes look slightly more realistic than GB even though GB is now using 4096px textures. I also wish we could get that level of visual damage in GB one day.

Yes, the visuals in Cliffs have always been amazing, almost photo quality.  

7 hours ago, Danziger said:

I am just wondering what it is exactly that makes the difference.

A five year delay in release gave the aircraft modellers plenty of time to tweak the visual damage. 

14 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

A five year delay in release gave the aircraft modellers plenty of time to tweak the visual damage. 

The visual damage was like that originally. What I am mainly talking about is the way light and shadows work with the 3d models and texturing of the planes. It's always been very realistic looking in CloD even before TFS.

32 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Is the Hurri Mk II going to feature both boost options? The earlier +12 boost and the later +14 boost (1st gear) / +16 boost (2nd gear)?

Yes, we will have early and late versions for all the types except the IIA and IID.

The IIA will only allow +12 boost and the IID will only have one version which will have the higher boost allowed.

We may allow +16 boost for both gears in the IIB/IIC/IID late versions as it was apparently used without an issue.... the RAE tested with it.

We will have tropical versions of all Mk II types and will add a tropical Mk I version.

The IIB/IIC will be able to carry bombs... the IID of course, has its very large cannon and cannot carry bombs in addition.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buzzsaw said:

We may allow +16 boost for both gears in the late version as it was apparently used without an issue.... the RAE tested with it.

Huh, interesting ^_^ What would the power be at sea level with +16 boost in first gear? Over 1400 HP if i'm correct?

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

9 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Huh, interesting. What would be the power be at sea level with +16 boost in first gear? Over 1400 HP if i'm correct?

The Merlin XX had an approx. output of 1480 sHP at 6,000 ft and 12,500 ft in M and S gears... that is Full Throttle Height in those gears.

Sea level would be lower than that.... I don't have the time right now to check the engine calculator.

Edit:  sHP at sea level is just over 1400.  Above figures are for +14 boost.