SCG_motoadve

Server messages by audio instead of text

In MP servers when we get a message enemy aircraft in area H1 spotted, or airfield , or artillery under attack.

Would be more immersive if its a radio audio call instead of a text message.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SCG_motoadve said:

In MP servers when we get a message enemy aircraft in area H1 spotted, or airfield , or artillery under attack.

Would be more immersive if its a radio audio call instead of a text message.

That is one of the things I would love to see in game too but from what I understand, it cannot be done because media files can only be played to ALL players in the mission, regardless of sides. I could be wrong here since I'm not very good with the ME but there is no way to separate the audio to be played only to a specific faction. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SCG_Riksen said:

That is one of the things I would love to see in game too but from what I understand, it cannot be done because media files can only be played to ALL players in the mission, regardless of sides. I could be wrong here since I'm not very good with the ME but there is no way to separate the audio to be played only to a specific faction. 

That makes sense.

Will the Air Marshall be able to have a feature to give messages to their side? (Have no idea how Air Marshall will work though)

4 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Could it be done with some kind of AI entity or something? We get messages from AI when they are wounded, taking off, attacking, etc. and it seems to go to everyone on the team, Or it can, anyway.

2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

That's correct. You can specify a side for text messages (subtitle translator) but not for audio messages (media translator or animation operator translator).