Sign in to follow this  
Kinninmont

Error: 10009: Game server connection lost

Hi,

Ok I'm gonna keep this simple. Has any1 figured out a fix for this error yet? I can't believe that 4 odd years later we are still having this issue. This is unacceptable! I mean what the hell are all these updates supposed to do? Bring in new planes and new maps and campaigns for dollars?

Here's some news for you devs. I solely play this game for multiplayer. I mean, who wants to shoot down AI 'Aces' that can't even fly? It's okay for some people. Yea that's great. But not for me. I keep getting this error and yea I'm almost fed up with this shit. I don't care about language or anything anymore. This is criminal. I understand this is an ongoing process but for me, this issue needs to be solved first before you release more planes or missions to get more money from customers.

Some servers I join, I can play for a little while and then get disconnected. I've read enough posts from several forums to know this issue has been going on for a long time. It makes me so mad. Any other goddamned game on this planet that has multiplayer does not have this issue.

Do you guys have some kind of sanitation problem? Is your water contaminated. Has it forced your brains to stop working? If multiplayer is too much for you to handle. Don't offer it in your game. I haven't put this much effort into making a game work like I have with this fucking game.

The thing is there is no competition. It's a niche market. I want to be reasonable but man I just feel jipped. Why not just focus on what is causing the issue. Why not try something else? If you need to think outside the box do it. Why can't you guys just hire a consultant from another studio to help sort this shit out?

Anyway, back to my fellow pilots. I have tried the following 'fixes' to no avail:

1. Delete startup.cfg and force game to make new 1. Fail

2. Tried changing the different port/internet settings in cfg file. Fail

3. Going to change router settings in the next few days to see if that fixes it. I don't have the link for the article but this guy did something with his MTU packet data krap and it seemed to work.

Anyway, any kind of help would be appreciated. I live in Australia so maybe that's the problem. But from what I've read it's happening to ppl everywhere.

Laters,

Kin

4 hours ago, Kinninmont said:

Hi,

Ok I'm gonna keep this simple. Has any1 figured out a fix for this error yet? I can't believe that 4 odd years later we are still having this issue. This is unacceptable! I mean what the hell are all these updates supposed to do? Bring in new planes and new maps and campaigns for dollars?

Here's some news for you devs. I solely play this game for multiplayer. I mean, who wants to shoot down AI 'Aces' that can't even fly? It's okay for some people. Yea that's great. But not for me. I keep getting this error and yea I'm almost fed up with this shit. I don't care about language or anything anymore. This is criminal. I understand this is an ongoing process but for me, this issue needs to be solved first before you release more planes or missions to get more money from customers.

Some servers I join, I can play for a little while and then get disconnected. I've read enough posts from several forums to know this issue has been going on for a long time. It makes me so mad. Any other goddamned game on this planet that has multiplayer does not have this issue.

Do you guys have some kind of sanitation problem? Is your water contaminated. Has it forced your brains to stop working? If multiplayer is too much for you to handle. Don't offer it in your game. I haven't put this much effort into making a game work like I have with this fucking game.

The thing is there is no competition. It's a niche market. I want to be reasonable but man I just feel jipped. Why not just focus on what is causing the issue. Why not try something else? If you need to think outside the box do it. Why can't you guys just hire a consultant from another studio to help sort this shit out?

Anyway, back to my fellow pilots. I have tried the following 'fixes' to no avail:

1. Delete startup.cfg and force game to make new 1. Fail

2. Tried changing the different port/internet settings in cfg file. Fail

3. Going to change router settings in the next few days to see if that fixes it. I don't have the link for the article but this guy did something with his MTU packet data krap and it seemed to work.

Anyway, any kind of help would be appreciated. I live in Australia so maybe that's the problem. But from what I've read it's happening to ppl everywhere.

Laters,

Kin

I was getting this issue fairly frequently some months ago.  For me it is now largely resolved for all servers that I fly on, but there was no in-game fix or adjustment to settings that helped for me.

For me, it turned out to be related to server ping. I upgraded my internet connection and now I only rarely get it on very crowded servers. If you are in Australia you probably have marginal ping to almost all the populated servers as they are mostly in Eastern or Central Europe. Combat Box is in North America. 

What was happening for me was the sound would end, the game would freeze, and then I would get kicked from the server. Other players would see notifications that my ping was too high before I was kicked, but I would not see them. The next time this happens to you, if you can get back on the server later, ask other players if they saw the notice that your ping was too high before you got a disconnection.

I believe that the game is sensitive to periodic 'spikes' in ping time , so as soon as your ping spikes above the allowable level (and it is different for every server, set by the admins) even for a millisecond, the game starts the process to kick you.

It likely has not been fixed because it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to reproduce. Not everyone gets it, some people start getting it after an update, then stop getting it after another one.

As long as you compare it with DCS,

you know the reason for the game.
I have never encountered a connection problem in DCS or suddenly stopped.
please don't say it is a computer or network problem

I am disappointed that the game company did not face this problem.
Otherwise it won’t still happen after four years