Sign in to follow this  
gimpy117

Please find a middle ground for spotting.

It seems the community is split. I have heard there are no plans to do further work, But I would be very happy to see some sort of middle ground where people on both sides of the fence can be at least content.

pre-hotfix spotting might be too easy, but expert mode is to hard and encourages exploits of CFG files and graphics settings to gain a competitive advantage over someone running reasonable setting who isn't diving into CFG files 

you guys with a small team have made a great game, I trust your team can make a great solution to this issue

Thanks,

Gimp

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, gimpy117 said:

expert mode is to hard and encourages exploits of CFG files and graphics settings to gain a competitive advantage over someone running reasonable setting who isn't diving into CFG files 

I can see other aircraft just fine in Normal and I’m not using any mods or changing .cfg files. 
My advice would be to check that your monitor is calibrated correctly before messing with the gamma in-game. Odds are changing this will just make the situation worse. There is no calibration screen in the game so there is no real guide when adjusting this. You shouldn’t need to adjust it outside of the range in the game menu and therefore shouldn’t need to go into .cfg. Again check your monitor first. 

19 hours ago, gimpy117 said:

It seems the community is split. I have heard there are no plans to do further work, But I would be very happy to see some sort of middle ground where people on both sides of the fence can be at least content.

pre-hotfix spotting might be too easy, but expert mode is to hard and encourages exploits of CFG files and graphics settings to gain a competitive advantage over someone running reasonable setting who isn't diving into CFG files 

you guys with a small team have made a great game, I trust your team can make a great solution to this issue

Thanks,

Gimp

really the only setting you can change in the CFG file is gamma. I personally find it gets of questionable utility below the in-game limit of 8. The one time I tried it, I found it got significantly worse.

Calibrating my monitor's contrast settings and for better colour representation made a bigger difference than in-game settings. The default setting of the monitor when I got it was completely mis-calibrated from what it should have been. I just followed an online tutorial on how to do it in general.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:23 AM, gimpy117 said:

Thanks,

Gimp

+1 for further work on spotting

PS: I've calibrated my IPS display with an i1Display Pro, and there is no substantial difference as claimed here. Exploits shouldn't be needed to gain a competitive advantage over others who enjoy the visuals in-game.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:24 PM, SharpeXB said:

There is no calibration screen in the game so there is no real guide when adjusting this.

we need one of these too