Evil08

Pilot/Crew EVAC on the ground

In the original Il2 1946 when you belly landed on the ground or water hitting the bail out got your surviving crew to exit and run from the plane I've look to see if anyone has done this but have had no luck finding it. It would be awesome if one of the Modding wizards could use the paratroops and landed pilot movment to give us an idea of how many of our crew survived our crappy landings

• Upvote 5

It'd be a nice feature for the game to have as standard, to be honest.

• Upvote 1

It has been suggested many times but the threads usually end up being bombarded by the 'I am not interested so nobody else should have it' brigade.  In truth it is just a 'fun' thing and while I would not object to having it I would not want anything more important delayed because of it.   

The IL2-1946 'run away and dive to the ground' mechanic is a little silly sometimes but I would love it if my pilot could run from a crashed aircraft and hide from straffers or just stay there and watch the action when the plane despawns and you can choose 'End Mission; any time you want.  It would also be useful after landing on your airfield to be able to get out and watch your buddies land instead of having to return to the map room immediately.  The mechanic would be 'Hitting Ctl-E on the ground causes your pilot to get out and run for ten seconds either at 90 degrees to the aircraft or steered by the mouse.'   Maybe the same would happen after bailing out and landing in your chute.

Not only evacuation/escape run, but also normal climb out of the plane when finish the mission.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The crews in “Tank Crew”run for their lives as soon as their tank is fatally hit...Its very convincing the first time you see it...Why not the same thing foraircrew?

( Slightly OT : If I remember correctly , years ago in early days of CloD Ubisoft was working on an animated pilot entering the aircraft & a better bailout animation.Neither was ever initiated, unfortunately along with so many other hopeful improvements. At least with GB we’ve got a pretty convincing bailout animation! 🙄)