Sign in to follow this  
pops68

Swap Factions

Ok guys, quick question. What files do I need to edit to bring the P-39, P-40 and A-20 into the American faction? In my scrubness, I would like to start quick battles with these planes over the new map with the USA voices. I assume that there is probably a line somewhere that I can edit to swap out the pilot for the US pilot too. Been looking through the files, and cant seem to find anything obvious. 

IL2:46 made this incredibly easy. With BoX, it aint in the GUI and I am lost. 

Thanks!

You can backup your default Russian voices then copy/paste the US ones into the Russian folders.  That way you can hear the American voices well enough.  The only discrepancy is that the callsigns you see written in the HUD will still be the original Russian.  BoX does not have an option to set a new nation to an aircraft in the GUI unfortunately.

Ok, thanks for the reply Feathered! Thats what I just learned reading the forums. Downloaded the "all voices in English" mod hoping to see some files, and it was pretty much what you described. Russian callsigns, and one voice actor that cant be replaced. There has to be some file somewhere to make the planes call out the USA voice files. They already segmented online when you enable mods, would think that it wouldnt cause cheating... unless you fly an USAAF Me-262 or something.